terrait

What is wrong with oDesk Time Tracker?!

Hi everybody! I have started today a new good contract. I've worked during whole day and written more than 200 lines of code. But Time Tracker didn't show anything! In my Work Diary I still have 'No time logged yet.' Tracker has worked all this time, I'm sure! Last my hourly contract everything was good, although sometimes Time was added with some pauses. But it was added anyway! Now I waited more than an hour, but result still didn't change. I've tried to start Time Tracker once more, it logged 10 minutes, but in Work Diary was the same result. And then, in about 15 minutes, Tracker displayed my 10 minutes, but not 6 hours of work that has done before... I found similar problems on your forum, but there are no answers. What have I do? And how often this problem will be detected in the future?!
7 REPLIES 7
junelle

could you have logged time to a different team, a different client? if it's a new contract, you might not have noticed and the tracker automatically logged time for the contract you were last working on. this happened to me quite a few times, and if that's the case for you, all you need to do is explain the situation to your new client and request to be allowed to add hours manually. remember to delete the screenshots that were accidentally logged to the other team. if this is not what happened, then you'll need the assistance of oDesk support, so file a ticket ASAP. by the way, is your name really Terra IT V? i hope you're aware that not using your real name is a policy violation and can get your account suspended.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.

It is the name of his company and he is also advertising as a "WE". Offering the services of others. You cannot do that. It is one person one profile. You need to change your profile name and overview to be just about you and then make am Agency and have all the people in your company join oDesk if you want to have them do work. It was not hard to find your company on the internet, so I think even customer support will be able to figure it out.

Hi, Margaret! Yes, at the beginning I've registered here my company instead of my personal account. But then I received a message from support team that I have to change my photo and account name. No problem! I've changed my photo and sent request for name changing. But they didn't accept it. I wrote them a message and got instructions what have I do. I did all points including connection to my account on FB. Then I sent my docs to the third company (I don't remember its name) for confirmation although in my country it is illegal. But I did it, because I really want to work here! And guess, what did they do? Yes! They didn't accept my next request too!!! Here is the last answer: 'Hello Terra IT, Your request to change your name from "Terra IT V" to "Vitaly Vasilchenko" was denied. In order to maintain a high level of quality and trust in the oDesk marketplace, oDesk requires all users to use their given name. If you have not already completed ID verification, you can request approval for a legal name change through the ID verification process. Learn more about ID Verification. Please go to user settings and click the link "Verify your identity". Your request will be processed within 48 business hours. Thanks, oDesk Support' So please, don't tell me that I don't know the rules and I don't do anything to change my situation :) Anyway thank you for your reply! Best wishes, Terra IT V (represented by Vitaly Vasilchenko)

i can see why Margaret - and indeed the rest of us, myself included - would not believe that you'd actually done anything to improve/rectify your situation, since you hadn't even made any attempt to change your profile overview. you're still advertising yourself as an agency. in fact, your signature in this thread says the same thing. so you can't blame us for misunderstanding.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.

[quote=Junelle A.]in fact, your signature in this thread says the same thing. [/quote] with a smile

Hi, my dear friends! I left any attempts to change my profile review after I got the last denial, as I wrote earlier. At the same time support team has stopped ask questions and write letters about it, so I decided that this problem was solved. Any way, I don't think that my problem with Time Tracker is connected with my profile. Do you really think if I change my profile there won't be the same problem in the future? And one more thing. Junelle, please don't think that I'm blaming someone in my problems. I'm happy that you've answered me! As for my smile and signature here I've just joked. Don't take umbrage for my russian humour. At least, for my bad attempt ;) Best regards, Vitaly Terra IT P.S. In fact, we are the team and I want to inform every customer about it before we started our cooperation. And it's not my guilt, that here are some special terms for companies on oDesk.

Thank you for your reply! All my previous jobs were closed before this contract. I have just 1 job with fixed budget and this one with hourly payment. I'll try to contact support, but I'm afraid that my account will be suspended. When I created it I didn't see that it's necessary to indicate my real name. But now it's too late. Anyway I have no choice. Kind regards, Terra IT V 🙂