Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong with this profile photo?

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
21 of 28

Hoomans would recognize how nice this photos is, Tiffany. Hoomans wouldn't let us down. 

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
22 of 28

Strongly agree, Melissa!

"Frederick's photo is great. it's not even that it's merely acceptable, it's a great photo. It's expressive, it shows personality, it clearly shows his face, it represents his persona."

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
23 of 28

Hi everyone!

Frederick, I investigated this further with a Technical Support agent, and while he was able to upload your picture as a profile image, it looks like the issue is more evident on initial profile creation. I've notified the Customer Support Team about this so that they can create a ticket on your behalf and the TS team can investigate on this further. 

Tiffany, the face detection feature was a recent rollout, and the profiles you noted were created way back. Just the same, I will also be sharing the profiles you shared so that the Marketplace Quality Team can review these profiles.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
24 of 28

@Avery O wrote:

Tiffany, the face detection feature was a recent rollout, and the profiles you noted were created way back. Just the same, I will also be sharing the profiles you shared so that the Marketplace Quality Team can review these profiles.

As someone who had a "less then steller" photo initially (and got slapped for it a couple of years ago), I took action when I got the email about this, and realized it was a mistake on my part to begin with. I fail to see how the sheer number of crappy profile photos we all see weekly are allowed to persist. (New accounts AND old accounts both).

And Tiffany's results were in no way shocking. I see those kinds of results all the time.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
25 of 28

Thanks for pointing that out, Pandora!

While we do have a dedicated team to work through all these profiles and check for violations, we also rely on the community to report any profile that violates the ToS. I was actually prompted to investigate on this case further because of the profiles Tiffany shared.

Of course, I agree that we could still brush up on our efforts on eliminating fraudulent profiles, and reviewing user's profiles and we appreciate that the community takes the time to report any violators of the ToS.

~ Avery
Upwork
pandoraharper
Community Guru
26 of 28

@Avery O wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out, Pandora!

While we do have a dedicated team to work through all these profiles and check for violations, we also rely on the community to report any profile that violates the ToS. I was actually prompted to investigate on this case further because of the profiles Tiffany shared.

Of course, I agree that we could still brush up on our efforts on eliminating fraudulent profiles, and reviewing user's profiles and we appreciate that the community takes the time to report any violators of the ToS.

Wow in that case, I should be a lot more pro-active about reporting. Thanks for the response, Avery!

frederick-wells
Frederick W Member Since: Sep 7, 2017
27 of 28

Thanks Avery! And thank you to all the member that have chimed in. It's good to know the community support here is very active. I'll be continuing this with the support ticket Avery has set up for me. Hopefuly with resolve this. I'm very excitied to join UpWork bit have to say this onboarding process is a bit frustrating. 

pandoraharper
Community Guru
28 of 28

@Frederick W wrote:

Thanks Avery! And thank you to all the member that have chimed in. It's good to know the community support here is very active. I'll be continuing this with the support ticket Avery has set up for me. Hopefuly with resolve this. I'm very excitied to join UpWork bit have to say this onboarding process is a bit frustrating. 

Frederick, it's really unfortunate that you got caught in the crosshairs of a new initiative (the facial recognition thing), but really happy you going to get help with this. Normally, the "onboarding" process goes a little more smoothly.

Don't be afraid to post any other questions you have, and good luck on Upwork Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS