cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What kind of files may be uploaded as attachments when making a proposal?

peterkubicki
Peter K Member Since: Aug 5, 2016
1 of 5

Hello,

I attempted to upload a Pages document, and a Document Writer document that functions as Microsoft Word for Mac.  However, neither of these are allowed file types.

Thank you,

Peter

benoitlussier
Ace Contributor
Benoit L Member Since: May 16, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

Hi Peter, according to this article on profile portfolios:

"Images can be in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png format. Attachments can be in .doc, .swf, or .pdf format. The maximum size is 5 mb."

I'm guessing it's the same thing for attachment in proposals. The 2 programs you mention are very specific to a Mac so most people won't be able to open them. Even for Mac users, you have to buy Pages if you didn't buy a Mac with El Capitan pre-installed.

I still have MS Office installed on my Mac, it saves me a lot of trouble with files from clients. Google Docs also works very well, it's free and it can convert to .doc or .pdf perfectly (from my experience). It can however be slow when working with documents of more than a few pages, especially on mobile, but that issue has been getting better in the last few months.

View solution in original post

peterkubicki
3 of 5

Thank you, Benoit.  This helps.

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 5

Unless you know for a fact the person you're sending it to has the program and a Mac, you shouldn't assume they can open a Pages file. Regardless, it's not an allowed format.

Save your Pages file as a PDF, which you'll have no trouble attaching.

If this is a file you're handing off to a client, you'll need to use Dropbox or a similar site - there are several out there.

peterkubicki
5 of 5

I appreciate this, Virginia.  Thanks for the info 🙂

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS