🐈 Community
sourceprouk

What lowers your job success and rating

A client has paid a deposit in escrow. He has made me a job offer. If I accept it and shortly afterwards the job does not go ahead and we mutually agree to cancel it, will it affect my job success and rating?

4 REPLIES 4
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Federico,

You may want to accept an offer only if you are sure that you are able to complete the contract. That said if a contract was cancelled on a good note and it's reflected in cilent's private feedback, the contract won't affect your JSS negatively.

~ Valeria
Upwork

In fact it could affect your JSS. If the contract does not go through, even if the agreement to cancel is mutual, the client can still leave private feedback that could impact your JSS negatively. It may not happen, but it is possible.

Thanks, no I am not talking about negative feed-back , just about the contract not going ahead in relation to the percentage of jobs completed.

@Federico D wrote:

Thanks, no I am not talking about negative feed-back , just about the contract not going ahead in relation to the percentage of jobs completed.

JOB COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY is part of the JOB SUCCESS calculation so...if the client chooses anything other than that selection, it could impact your score along with the 10 scale private feedback. But, the weight as to which it affects the percentage also depends on other factors as well. 

Learning Paths