🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What proposal format do you guys use when...
Page options
sandeep8416
Community Member

What proposal format do you guys use when approaching for jobs?

I know its a vague question and answers differ from field to field. Can I get to know about the formats that end up in landing you a job most of the times? I have tried many formats and none seems performing. Conversions are very low. Kindly guide.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My tip is that the client only sees the first two lines of your proposal before they decide whether to scroll down and read more.  Don't waste it introducing yourself. Immediately address your experience and expertise relative to their needs.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
prestonhunter
Community Member

Proposal format?

English text, typed into text boxes.

My tip is that the client only sees the first two lines of your proposal before they decide whether to scroll down and read more.  Don't waste it introducing yourself. Immediately address your experience and expertise relative to their needs.

Thanks Mary. Noted.

Mary W wrote:

Interesting. I start off with introducing myself and it works as well. So maybe the rest matters just as much.

Preston H wrote:

Proposal format?

Yep. Pros use prose.

Douglas Michael M wrote:

Preston H wrote:

Proposal format?

Yep. Pros use prose.

Well now I'm tempted to try writing a proposal in verse form. I'll have to weigh up the prose and cons.

bundie702
Community Member

I've had success by listing their qualifications and how I meet them, e.g.:

Medical terminology: Check. I worked as a multispecialty medical transcriptionist for over 20 years.

Native English speaker: Check.

Central Time Zone: Check.

And so on. Then I segue into paragraph form.

Mine is usually a two/three-liner:

"I would love to know more about this job: please could you tell me what the subject is, what the word count is and what your turnaround time is so that I can give you an accurate estimate of price and deliverable."

Something like that. It is never much longer. I used to write serious "job application" letters.I rarely do that now. But what works for me might not work for everyone. It's like diets. 

versailles
Community Member

"Will work for booze"

Never had issues.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

LOL ......

Sandeep,  follow Mary's advice + keep your proposal short.   The focus of every word should be addressing the client's needs.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths