🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What rules should be there to create new ...
Page options
marvipriyesh
Community Member

What rules should be there to create new job post for a client ?

Hello Dear Freelancers

Recently upwork introduce their new PAID plans. Though i have seen improvements that before 50+ freelancers applied on every job and now we can see 10-15-25 like this. So congratulations to upwork and team.

Now the problem is if there is a freelancer with fake skills to apply any job now there is also client who are only posting fake jobs to eat connects and to get cover letters . So this is now the issue.

According to my experience there should be rules for clients as well.I am posting some solution if any freelancer would like then please kudos me 🙂

1. Client should be verified before anything else
2. Client have verified badge
3. Client's payment method must be verified [Reason : if client is really want hire talent then upwork is pool of talent where serious client surly get a skilled freelancer so client's must have no objection to verify their payment method]
Through this unverified payment method. fake client's will not try to fake job post
4. After posting one job client’s must cancelled their job. for that I found some solution.
- If client already posted one job then upwork must not allow to create another job free
- Without hire job must be cancelled before posting new job
- Job post allow according to hire rate of clients [I have seen many clients who hired rate is 10% and posted jobs in hundreds which is really ridiculous this kind of client must be removed from upwork ]
5. upwork should also give connects to client as well to post jobs
6. Upwork can reduce fees from client which is taking by client side..it's maybe 3% so maybe they can reduce this and now create plans for clients as well to buy connects.
7. Upwork should refund connects whether the job is cancelled , or expired or closed by clients. [Cause in any case there is no fault for freelancer, everyone is skillful person and many of them are TOP RATED and with a 100% success rate so all freelancer must get connect back if client doesn't cancelled job , upwork closed or upwork expired ]

8. Allow freelancer to withdraw proposal after reaching their limits and refund connects
9. Any other suggestions are welcome...

Honestly upwork , if you are filtering fake freelancer then you should also think and do filtering fake clients as well . Coin has two sides. So please consider it and restore upworkers faith from upwork.

If you found this should be on upwork then give maximum kudos so someone top aurthotries watch this and we got fair solutions.

Good luck guys

18 REPLIES 18
petra_r
Community Member

Priyesh M wrote:

... then please kudos me

...If you found this should be on upwork then give maximum kudos...

A new low....Making a bunch of business destroying suggestions and begging for kudos at the same time...

Unbelievable.

1 - No. Once they hire, they are (sort of) verified through their payment method. If you don't want to deal with clients who have not yet verified their payment method, then simply don't bid on their jobs and leave them to those of us who know what we're doing. Begging for practices that will chase away potential clients and actively lower the income of skilled freelancers does not benefit anyone, it only hurts freelancers.

2. Clients already show as verified or not verified in the job feed. No need.

3. Again? Same bad idea as 1.

4. The result would be fewer jobs and less money for freelancers.

5. The result would be fewer jobs and less money for freelancers.

6. The result would be fewer jobs and less money for freelancers.

7. The whole point is to reduce the number of proposals, so this would be counterproductive. Apply smarter, not more often.

This is as hare-brained as when you accused Upwork of posting fake job posts to make you spend connects.

People have to get it into their heads that practices that prevent and discourage genuine clients from posting jobs are BAD for freelancers. Every client who is asked to jump through a bunch of hoops before even posting their job and says "HELL, NO" and goes to one of the other platforms who do NOT require such a thing (the fact that none do would be a little hint as to just how bad an idea it is...) is a loss and means less income for freelancers.

Your kind of people only here to insult some one..not for help..

can't you see..where is said congratulations to upwork team..this is suggestion @petra .and please don't sopile my thread if you have no idea what you are writing...let true freelancer answer on this..

I am expeting some expert and meaning full answer..not un logical answer like The result would be less jobs and less money for freelancers. 

Stay Away

..let true freelancer answer on this..

What's a "true freelancer?"

How am I not a "true freelancer?"

.not un logical answer like The result would be less jobs and less money for freelancers. 

"Un logical? " Here's a bit of logic for you:  Less clients means less jobs means less money for freelancers means "bad idea!" Logical enough for you?

Stay Away

Would you like me to explain the meaning of a public discussion forum to you?

It means you don't get to stipulate that only people who agree with you get to reply.

Priyesh, the harder and more hoops-jumping a platform makes things for clients, the fewer clients will want to use the platform. Competition is forced enough in some categories with an oversaturation of freelancers. 

*Fierce, not forced. Sometimes I just hate this Kindle, and now I can't seem to edit. Apologies.

Finally some respectful answer...kudos for that..

Actually Melanie

I am just trying to make more real client for upwork.. That's why post some suggestion..its better to do nothing ,at least Do something..even i wrote 9 number points..that welcoming suggestion but other community guru are not here for proper answer..but i found your response respectful so Thank you so much for this..

You can share idea if you have any suggestions...cause you also know that many clients posting fake jobs..so have you any single suggestions are welcome.

Don't think i am spoling upwork.just makeing better platform.which is same try by upwork as well. 

I found PAID plans for client as well. which is good.so other suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

• 6 connects wasted of all freelancer

Last viewed by client: 25 days ago
Interviewing: 0
Invites sent: 0
Unanswered invites: 0

You just spoiled your own thread throwing stuff like that down.  

I don't like any of your ideas either and I would be happy to be called not a "true freelancer" by you!

Doing Something Is Always Better Than Doing Nothing

Priyesh M wrote:

Doing Something Is Always Better Than Doing Nothing

Not when the current situation is workable and the something you are proposing would make it much, much, much worse.

By your reasoning, if the front door on your house squeaks, burning the house down would be better than doing nothing.

Upwork is always better still they trying to update it..just recently they introduce paid connect plans..

So upwork is still in improving..and if you think this will be end and no need to improve then sorry but upwork will sure thiking on this side as well..they will not stop for sure..

Priyesh M wrote:

.just recently they introduce paid connect plans..

Yes, and clients are leaving or taking their long term (2+ years) freelancers offline because they now have to pay for things they got for free such as reports and being able to invite more than 3 freelancers. This means less money for freelancers. Losing real, paying clients is always bad for freelancers.

I am not surprised you applaud this. It fits right in with your suggestions which, if implemented, would be harmful to freelancers.

"Doing something" is only better than doing nothing if the "something" that is done isn't harmful.

Blindly "doing something" is almost invariably bad.

See..for upwork both user are important role..freelancer same for client.

Now for freelancer upwork introduce plans..so maybe upwork has fear to loss freelance talent..still they introduce such a plans..and many of them stop or carefully using their connects. so system get better.

Now think same for client.

For client...if upwork create some thing like my suggestion then obviously they maybe loos clients but only real clients will post their jobs. and i am just suggesting verify payment methods...and if clients really want to hire then they really don't mind to verify themselves.

and another suggestion I put that...client needs to close the older job..if they didn't hire anyone then they can post..otherwise they can't post other jobs without closing the job..

where freelancer get benefits that job closed and they will get their connects if client doesn't hire.

I don't think they mind to close the job to post another job.

Still we have some discussion here...i am not telling upwork to implement it on immediate basis .

mtngigi
Community Member

Every single one of your suggestions makes not one bit of sense. Upwork is not going to, nor do I want them to, make things as difficult as possible for a client to find a freelancer. A very high percentage of my clients were brand new with unverified payment method. I have always been paid. Always.

And oh yeah ... I'm a "true freelancer". Just like Petra.

tlbp
Community Member

Why not just make these your rules for your freelance business and refuse to apply to any gig that does not meet your standards? You have complete control over whom you seek to work with, why complicate life for everyone else with your rules? 

Hello Tonya P

Yes..i am doing same for none verified . I am not applying. But i wrote point no. 9 where i wrote that any other suggestion are welcome. cause you also know if there is fake freelancer there is fake client as well. so how can we stop them to make a better place to work at upwork. 

I would sure like some suggestion if you want to share.

Thank you 

Besides freelancers reporting and the suggestion to have our own standards, I don't believe there's much else Upwork could do that wouldn't take up a lot more manpower and hands-on scouting for problems (v., say, filters), and that would mean a lot more spending on Upwork's part. That would inevitably have to mean more fees for us. I'd rather do my own vetting. As an independent contractor, you have to anyway, no matter what platform you use or indeed, if you go it alone.

Also, finding incredibly cheap labor from various parts of the globe is quite a few decades old now...it is not a shock. Businesses will save money whatever way they can and just as its on us to vet them, it's on them to vet us and make their own choice of how cheap they want to go and what quality and experience they require.

Priyesh, there are already freelancing websites that carefully vet both clients and freelancers and make both sides pay money just to post projects and/or take out memberships on the sites. Why not just join one of them? I'm not saying that you can't or shouldn't post suggestions here (Upwork is far from perfect and I believe that they do take our feedback into account every once in a blue moon), but basically, what you're doing is like going into a McDonald's and asking them why they can't be more like an expensive French bistro. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths