cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's My Solution for this Problem?

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
1 of 2
I work in a number of different categories which makes it difficult to set a rate. I specialize in Resumes and Press Release with a rate of $35 an hour. This doesn't really supply me with enough monthly work so I also do copy writing for websites at $20 an hour. If my rate shows as $35 an hour it scares off copy writing jobs, and if it shows $20 an hour then it's hard to explain why my rate is higher for resumes and press releases. Is it possible to have two separate accounts? If not, then how do I resolve the situation. Thanks for any suggestions.
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 2
Hi Jean, Maybe highlight your rates at the beginning of your overview? I know that people will only see the rates once they click onto your profile, but that's the only thing I can think of. I've seen some freelancers set their rate at $0.01 and then ask clients to propose a rate, but I don't really like that. It would be ideal if oDesk made it optional whether to display our rate or not, then clients would initially focus on our experience when they find us using the search function. I work via other freelancing sites and displaying your rate is optional. I still receive a lot of invitations anyway. It gives you the freedom to bid on a job by job basis and clients either accept the rate in your application or they don't. One thing they can't do is accuse you of misleading them. Maybe suggest this idea in the feedback section. I work in more than 1 field too and the rates do vary, so I understand. With regards to opening more than 1 account, oDesk won't go for that as scammers would have a field day. All the best.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS