cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's New — Portfolio & Contract Linking

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
1 of 28
Hello oDeskers! Today we’re excited to tell you about a new feature that allows freelancers to link their portfolio items to contracts they’ve completed on oDesk. This change lets clients see the work that was delivered alongside the details of the job, giving a fuller picture of the freelancer’s work history. It also verifies that portfolios represent actual projects completed on oDesk. Take advantage of this feature to tell the story of what you delivered and how you delivered it, building a more complete, credible, and standout profile! Here’s how a linked portfolio item will look to a client browsing a freelancer’s Work History: Portfolio-1. When a client clicks on a linked portfolio item, they’ll see details about the job and the portfolio: Portfolio-2. How to link portfolio items to your work history: Currently, this feature is only available for portfolio items in the Design & Multimedia, Software Development, Web Development, and Writing & Translation categories. To link an existing portfolio item to an oDesk contract, click “Edit” on the item you wish to link. You’ll see an option to connect it to one of your oDesk contracts. For new portfolio items, click “Add” a Portfolio Project, create a new portfolio entry, and link it to one of your oDesk contracts when prompted: Portfolio-3. Portfolio-4. To maintain trust and privacy, we ask that you contact your client for permission to post the portfolio item. In addition, we’ll automatically email the client when a portfolio item has been linked, giving them three days to reject it. If they don’t reject it in the time allotted, the item will be publicly linked to your work history. As always, we value your feedback and discussion and welcome you to join the conversation below. Happy Working, The oDesk Crew
~ Valeria
Untitled
Sergio T Member Since: Jan 20, 2010
2 of 28
Can I apply this retroactively to previous complete contracts? Kick-ass feature guys as always! oDesk rocks!
Emina O Member Since: Mar 26, 2014
3 of 28
Yes, you can, I've just tried it on my existing portfolios, you can connect the portfolio with the contract completed in the past. Unfortunately, you can just link the contracts in the Design & Multimedia, Software Development, Web Development, and Writing & Translation categories. If your portfolio/contract belongs to another category, you can't link it.
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
4 of 28
shouldn't this be better posted under News? https://www.odesk.com/community/forum/28 <----- Product announcements and company news from oDesk

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
5 of 28
Thanks Dianne. Traditionally we've been posting "What's New" announcements in the Feedback category since receiving feedback from the Community about new features and tests is what we're looking for. That said, we are in the midst of planning/prepping for a new Community platform (more on that soon) and we'll be organizing this better.
Kimeka C Member Since: Sep 22, 2014
6 of 28
I am going to try it out today. Cheers. Kimeka
Davide M Member Since: Apr 19, 2012
7 of 28
I think this is a very good idea. But I can only select closed projects. I have some long running projects and I want to be able to link portfolio to them also. For example, if a project has been paused by the customer, I cannot select it from the drop down box. thanks Davide
Davide Moraschi
https://www.amazon.com/author/davidem
http://moraschi.com
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
8 of 28
Is this why my portfolio no longer has anything in? Was applying for a job that was covered by one of the items in my portfolio and nothing there.
Edanry R Member Since: Jun 17, 2014
9 of 28
I've had the same issue and I submitted a ticket just now Joseph. I have applications sent to clients where I've pointed them towards my profile in order to see samples of my work and now there's nothing there. This will definitely impact the impression I make on clients and my ability to negotiate well paid contracts, so I hope they fix the issue very soon.
Aleksandar L Member Since: Sep 5, 2014
10 of 28
[quote=Edanry R.]I've had the same issue and I submitted a ticket just now Joseph. I have applications sent to clients where I've pointed them towards my profile in order to see samples of my work and now there's nothing there. This will definitely impact the impression I make on clients and my ability to negotiate well paid contracts, so I hope they fix the issue very soon.[/quote] I just saw the same thing, my portfolio page is empty??? I did see some while ago a new feature about connecting oDesk job with portfolio item, but I was tired of waiting for approval so I made the same one without linking it and deleted the linked one (only for 1 portfolio item and job). That did not represent a problem until today when I saw that all portfolio items are gone. Hope they'll fix this issue soon.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS