Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Up With the Jobs?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
1 of 6

I'm a copywriter, article writer, resume writer and do press releases. In the last month the jobs have been really scarce, When I have applied it's rare that the job is ever filled as it's often still open for weeks.

Is it the time of year or is something else happening. I've never in all my years here on Odesk seen it this bad.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
2 of 6

And you have only seen this recently? I have been noticing the same thing for over a year now. Especially clients posting jobs and never hiring anyone.

Ron aka LanWanMan
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
3 of 6

Ron. No I didn't notice but then I've not worked much this year due to illness. Now I'm ready to work but there been a dramatic change in the last year. 

So, it doesn't get any better in the next few months?

Where else do you apply for jobs.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
4 of 6

Jean wrote in part: "....dramatic change in the last year...." Kudos Jean! I was doing extremely well for a long period of time so I decided to take some time off. Oops! I came back, and ran into that "dramatic change" myself. Seems to have started before the meger and got worse after the merger.

Ron aka LanWanMan
Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
5 of 6

You can have the client who keeps on sending me invites and offers without asking first if I'm available Smiley Tongue

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Crispiniano C Member Since: Dec 9, 2010
6 of 6

I think there is something on with the algorithm on who can see the jobs.  It seems like I'm always way behind to see the posted jobs.  I noticed this recently.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS