cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on with the work history?

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
1 of 38

I just checked my profile, and noticed that my newest job is not listed, although money is already in review and well over a week passed. I also noticed that when sorting my profile for largest projects first, it puts my highest value projects to the bottom, and when I sort by newest first, it goes by start rather than end date. When can I expect my newest contract to show up and all of my contracts listed logically and correctly? Thanks

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
2 of 38

Not to highjack your thread, Krisztina, but I have viewed a lot of open jobs today, and client feedback has been totally missing for the last 2-3 hours.

I'm thinking Upwork may be buggy today.

Community Guru
3 of 38

@Pandora H wrote:

I'm thinking Upwork may be buggy today.

That's an incredibly long "today" and may completely revolutionize measuring time as we know it. Woman Very Happy

@Mercy - yeah, I don't understand all this breaking of functional features and reluctance to fix broken ones either.

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
4 of 38

@Krisztina U wrote:

That's an incredibly long "today" and may completely revolutionize measuring time as we know it. Woman Very Happy

<laughs> I find something not working on the site every day, but these are usually little things. Bugs in the Job post pages and our Work History is another matter entirely.

BTW I don't have a HUGE job history because my focus is long term work (until like last week), but my work history seems to be functioning as it should.

Community Guru
5 of 38

@Pandora H wrote:

BTW I don't have a HUGE job history because my focus is long term work (until like last week), but my work history seems to be functioning as it should.

I don't have a huge job history either because I focus on long-term gigs as well. In fact you have four more jobs than I do, excluding the one missing. Perhaps the profile only refreshes once a month, who knows - although my star rating has updated in almost real time. Still, it doesn't explain why my highest value projects are listed at the bottom, when they should be at the top. The total isn't displayed but Upwork knows the numbers.

Community Guru
MERCY N Member Since: May 6, 2015
6 of 38

Oh Krizstina, there is a lot more mess, I'm afraid! 

I've asked in a new thread whether anyone else's profile settings have been altered or just mine. I'm avoiding checking in there coz settings that served us well before have been altered. Why anyone wants to fix what ain't broke I have no clue.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 38

Hi Krisztina,

I have checked the Work History on your profile with your list of contracts and it looks like the contract that was ended recently shows on your profile.

As for the way your contracts are listed when you sort by the largest contract, it appears it is due to the fact that the amount paid is hidden on two of your contracts and therefore they show last.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
8 of 38

Hi Valeria - the job I have accepted on July 3rd is not showing on my profile.

Community Guru
Ian David John E Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
9 of 38

Hi Valeria

My jobs are not showing too! I have been hired 2 times this month and the jobs are not showing on my profile too?

Alex F Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
10 of 38

Valeria,

I've got the same complaint with Krisztina, I'll just be more specific.

Those who view my profile being logged into Upwork, probably see it complete. But those who view the profile anonymously, see some old stuff which looks totally random. I've got a few projects completed in 2013-2015, none of them appear on my profile in anonymous (not logged in) mode.

I want people viewing my profile anonymously see relevant jobs and feedback, not some random cr*p dated back in 2010. I'd be happy with "most recent first" sort order for now. Ability to choose specific items would be fantastic, but presumably it'll take ages to implement on Upwork end.

Thank you.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS