cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on with the work history?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
31 of 38

Kristine, we looked into this further and it turnes out the contract you have had since 2012 was updated, but it's still the same contract. The name of the contract that shows on your profile is the same as the name of the original job posting had. Hourly rate for that contract was hidden.

~ Valeria
Untitled
kristine m Member Since: Dec 22, 2015
32 of 38

Hi Valerie

Thanks for the update. I know it's an old contract but it is still active so it should show in the work profile as the  one that is shown in the recent is no longer active.  I talked with customer support earlier about hiding the hourly rate and she said that it cannot be hidden due to transparency issue. 

I hope I can hide the rate since many clients declined my proposal because of it and a lot has changed at odesk/up work.

Kristine

Ace Contributor
Enes T Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
33 of 38

I have a question about this issue too.

Why is "Job in progress" from 2014. listed first in my work history with "Newest first" filter on?

Why is that job listed at all, let alone first?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
34 of 38

Hi Enes,

Jobs which are in progress are always listed at the top, so potential clients can see your current activity. The job might have started and even ended in 2014, but since it's still open it will appear at the top of your Work History until you or your client close the contract. 

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
35 of 38

I'm having the same issue.  A short one-off job for a long term client was completed, rated by both of us over 24 hours ago ... and is still not showing on profile.

Is there a bug? This has never happened before.  Thanks in advance -

Vlad, I PMed you with details.

Oleksandra K Member Since: Nov 5, 2018
36 of 38
I finished my job 2 weeks ago and after it I did one more and the last is already in the work history Smiley Sad
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
37 of 38

Hi Wendy,

Are you referring to the hourly contract that was closed yesterday? I checked and it looks like all hours were logged this week. Since the client hasn't yet been billed for the hours, the contract hasn't yet appeared in your Work History by design. Once the payment is processed, it should show.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
38 of 38

Aha - thank you Valeria.  Both the client and I just learned something.   Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS