🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What's happening to my JSS?
Page options
kirnazdogan
Community Member

What's happening to my JSS?

My JSS is like a broken load lift. It was 100% two weeks ago, 89% a week ago, and now 100% again. Here is the new news, I didn't have any new jobs in this process, and just continued to work on the current one. I didn't get any new feedback, too. Long story short, there was nothing to affect my JSS.

I really don't know what to do. Last week, I couldn't submit proposals to jobs that need at least 90% JSS, but I can do now. So, what about the next week? I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen, just like the 6th season of the Peaky Blinders.

2 REPLIES 2
ravi_iitian
Community Member

Dogan K wrote:

My JSS is like a broken load lift. It was 100% two weeks ago, 89% a week ago, and now 100% again. Here is the new news, I didn't have any new jobs in this process, and just continued to work on the current one. I didn't get any new feedback, too. Long story short, there was nothing to affect my JSS.

I really don't know what to do. Last week, I couldn't submit proposals to jobs that need at least 90% JSS, but I can do now. So, what about the next week? I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen, just like the 6th season of the Peaky Blinders.

Hi Dogan,

The Upwork system takes snapshots of your six-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these moving time windows is displayed on your profile and updated about every two weeks.

Your JSS can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added. Other times, old activity is aged out.

Please see this link: JSS

"Certa bonum certamen"
petra_r
Community Member

Dogan K wrote:

Last week, I couldn't submit proposals to jobs that need at least 90% JSS

Of course you could. There was absolutely nothing stopping you. There is no such thing as a job that "needs" a JSS of at least 90% - those are preferences.

It sounds like a job that previously had a negative impact on your JSS no longer does. That can have one of 2 reasons: A contract that has been open for a very long time (months) with nothing ever earned affected your JSS negatively because it has been open for a very long time (months) with nothing ever earned finally led to some earnings, so stopped affecting your JSS negatively, or a client who gave you poor private feedback was excluded from affecting your JSS.

I suspect it's the former rather than the latter.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members