cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way of showing portfolio to clients?

Highlighted
Jessica Ysabel B Member Since: Nov 5, 2014
1 of 2

Hello,

I'm a newbie to Odesk. I have applied to many clients now but still no one hires me. I'm wondering if they could see my portfolio in my profile or something. Can you give me some tips to win my first job? Thanks!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
I S M H Member Since: Oct 6, 2010
2 of 2

It is probably the hardest part to get your first job in Odesk. But once you get it that one client should take you to the path of a brighter career in Odesk.

The best portfolio is doing a short paid test for a client. That is what I believe. But if you want to highlight your portfolio, you can add the link of your portfolio in your cover letter.

And don't try to be a formal geek while writing a cover letter. Be yourself, go through the job description twice, think how average people will approach, try to be the above average candidate and state everything clearly in a simple way.

And eventually you are going to be hired pretty soon. It took more than a year for me to get my first job. But when I got it, I felt that I had actually missed writing the right cover letter for an year.

And if you are not getting hired pretty soon, it doesn't mean that you are writing poor cover letters. It takes time and it is also true that everybody is trying to be better. But stating everything clearly always holds the upperhand.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS