🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What's up with freelancers posting a job, and...
Page options
aprilbutten
Community Member

What's up with freelancers posting a job, and inviting you just to offer THEIR services??

That's the 3rd time this week that a lower hourly rate freelancer has sent me a job invite, offering their own services. If I was looking for someone I would post the job myself... frustrating to keep receiving false offers and invites... Anyone else noticing this problem popping up?

7 REPLIES 7
lysis10
Community Member

Is this through the direct offer feature? Yeah, the scourge seems to have found that feature.

I haven't gotten any (yet) through the direct offer, but I get two or three invites a week to posted jobs where it's a freelancer looking for work. The invites are usually waiting for me when I wake up. Decline, report, and get another cup of coffee.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Obviously when Upwork users abuse the system like that, they should be reported and hopefully terminated from the platform.

Three weeks ago, I personally received a question through Upwork's "direct contact path for clients" feature.

The person who contracted me posed as a client initially but then turned out to be a freelancer asking a question about his account, a question he should have posed in then Forum.

Entirely inappropriate, and not what Upwork intended when it instituted this new feature.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi April, Preston and Wes,

I'm sorry to hear about the invites you received. Could you please confirm if you reported these already? If you haven't, please report them by submitting a support request and including a screenshot of the invite and message. We don't tolerate violations like these and do review and take action against users who are trying to abuse our features.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vlad, yes, I report those when they come in.

Yes I report them as they come in - I know there's nothing upwork can do, just strange that's it's happening all of a sudden!

I feel so left out. No inappropriate requests for work to me. Oh well. Y'all have all the fun.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members