Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's with all those job posts?

sivavranagaro
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
1 of 2
A lot of people come here, leave a job post and they don't visit this place ever again. Why is it happening? I'm applying to new jobs for about a week. I would rather see they hire other people, but instead just nothing. Totally 21 applications of which only in five client hired someone. Does oDesk have some issues, competition or something else I'm possibly unaware?
Kashif I Member Since: Jun 7, 2011
2 of 2
I believe oDesk need to intervene or things will become worse from bad. A couple of years ago, when I applied for a job, I had a 30-40% confidence I will be contacted by the employer. Now, when I apply I have less than 2% confidence that I will get a response. oDesk really, really need to do something. Otherwise, people like me will really have to quit this place for good and find some other means. I have been wasting a lot of my time for the past couple of months to find a reasonable job. And in case someone thought I was a newbie, no I am not. I have been working here for more than 30 months and I even received a letter from the CEO when I entered the group of top 10% of oDesk contractors! Things are not looking good.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS