cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What's wrong with the quality of jobs on this platform?

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
61 of 63

The first week of August I saw an increase in job postings. Today I woke up to requests that I'll have to schedule rather than get to right away.

I would recommend that anyone who is usually able to find jobs clear the decks as after U.S. Labor Day we are probably going to see an influx. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
62 of 63

Got a bunch of invites too. Won 1 continuing small contract with a fellow coder and then hoping to win another that will keep me busy for like 10 days. 

Invites for me have increased in the last couple of weeks. I'm sooooo freakin close to the 500 hour mark. I just did another 3 hours yesterday. I'm officially at 493 I think, and I want to hit the 500 mark because I'm hoping invites will include me for that filter. wheeeee

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
63 of 63

Some clarity, please ...

First bit from me:

The week to 10 days leading up to Labor Day are traditionally slow - in the B&M and virtual worlds.  Vacations / back to school shopping, etc. People aren't 'in the mood' to address work ...

Second bit from you:

When you all say "I've recieved X number or more invites" are you referring to

1. New buyers who actually went thru profiles to find Y-O-U vs. issuing a public RFP?

............................ OR ...................................

2. Return buyers who would have sought you out based on a past working relationship?

............................ OR ...................................

3. Buyers who have checked the box U. shows on the RFP format asking if a buyer wants to receive 'suggested good matches'?

The three are vastly different ....

And, IMHO, only one of these truly qualifies as an Invite ... #1 New buyers who actually went thru profiles to find Y-O-U vs. issuing a public RFP.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS