🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What's wrong with this picture?
Page options
calicocopy
Community Member

What's wrong with this picture?

So I just saw a posting with a one line job description: "Looking for a creative copywriter for a client that coaches students in creative programs."

Sounds promising but what do they want the copywriter to do? Web content? Blog posts? Ghost writing a book? Any idea of their time frame or budget?

They've gotten less than 5 proposals. No surprise there. If I didn't have to spend connects, I'd write a proposal. From my questions they'd learn what they needed to post if they wanted high quality freelancer support. 

The client has posted 7 jobs and hired 0. It costs 6 connects to submit a proposal. What this means is, 100% of the risk is on the freelancer. And the client isn't well-served: they probably have no idea why they're not seeing more and better freelancers. So they'll keep posting badly, finding no good proposals, and becoming even less attractive with each post: "8 jobs posted, 0 hired." "9 jobs posted, 0 hired." Etc. What's wrong with this picture?

2 REPLIES 2
lysis10
Community Member

Send a bid and ask them or skip it.

Unless the job looked amazing, with that hire rate and a one-liner, I'd probably just skip it.

tlsanders
Community Member

Catharine G wrote:

What's wrong with this picture?

Sounds like nothing is wrong to me. Sounds like someone holding himself/herself out as an agency or marketing consultant who doesn't actually know the industry and is unqualified for the services he/she is selling is writing bad job posts and therefore not getting a response. 

That seems like exactly what should happen when someone attempts to take on clients and coordinate freelancers for that client without a clue how to do that effectively.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members