cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do If client do not need the job and does not respond ?

vladag
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
11 of 13

Hi Megan,

As Avery explained, if there are no plans to continue working on a contract, you can ask your client to end the paused contract so they would be prompted to leave feedback. If they do not respond, you might want to consider closing the contract yourself. 

A couple of contracts without feedback won't hurt your Job Success Score, unless there's a pattern of these contracts.

evetodew
Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
12 of 13

@Megan D wrote:
Glad I found this thread, because I have no idea what to do about my idle contracts.
So if I am understanding this correctly, closing idle contracts will actually help my score? I have a few that have been idle for more than a year, but I didn't want to close them and screw up my score.

Megan, actually, the longer you keep inactive contracts, the worse. See it this way - inactive contracts for months or years are just as bad as having plenty of closed non-feedback contracts. Which do you prefer?

We take the blow once in a while. Yet, I love closing contracts. I love getting rid of things that are no longer useful to me, especially in a work-related environment. If you don't work on these contracts they are useless both to you and Upwork.

Best thing to do - close one each week, so it's not that heavy on your JSS. Don't close all of them in one day. In the meantime, complete one job successfully after each closed contract (ideally). That way you won't have several non-feedback contracts appearing at the top of your Job History.

davis_megan
Megan D Member Since: Jun 30, 2016
13 of 13

@Evelina Z wrote:

@Megan D wrote:
Glad I found this thread, because I have no idea what to do about my idle contracts.
So if I am understanding this correctly, closing idle contracts will actually help my score? I have a few that have been idle for more than a year, but I didn't want to close them and screw up my score.

Megan, actually, the longer you keep inactive contracts, the worse. See it this way - inactive contracts for months or years are just as bad as having plenty of closed non-feedback contracts. Which do you prefer?

We take the blow once in a while. Yet, I love closing contracts. I love getting rid of things that are no longer useful to me, especially in a work-related environment. If you don't work on these contracts they are useless both to you and Upwork.

Best thing to do - close one each week, so it's not that heavy on your JSS. Don't close all of them in one day. In the meantime, complete one job successfully after each closed contract (ideally). That way you won't have several non-feedback contracts appearing at the top of your Job History.

Thanks for the advice! I just closed one of my contracts. Looking forward to finally cleaning house! 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS