🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What should I do if client is not paying of m...
Page options
3476619c
Community Member

What should I do if client is not paying of my work ?

Hi there, I have worked with a client named **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I submitted his work, I was working with him on hourly basis . I used Time Tracker App of Upwork, Contract started on tuesday and client ended on Sunday. Before starting this contract my hours were 123, and when this period of time (Tuesday-Sunday) begans, my profile shows that 130 hours, 135 so on. It was showing 153 yesterday but client has ended and it falls again to 123, i don't know what is happening whether I'll get my payment or not or Client is trying to scam me ? Please assist ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Freelancers are paid automatically for the time that they logged.

The client does not decide which hours to pay for. Client is billed for all hours. Client doesn't control this. Freelancer doesn't control this. It is automatic.

You can't show your proof to anyone. Client can't show calls to anyone. You can not dispute anything.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
759e32fa

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and saw that you went over the weekly limit hence the change you saw on your end. Rest assured that this can be seen by the client but it's up to them if they will pay you for the excess hours. Kindly check this article for more information.

After Sunday UTC this week, it will be their review period for the hours that you've logged. Now, they may or may not review your work diary but if they have any disputes for the hours that you have logged, or if their payment method fails, your logged hours will be subject to reviewal whether they qualify for Hourly Protection

~ AJ
Upwork

The thing is that Yesterday I saw the number of hours and it was 153 , It is sunday and client ended the contract, hours declined to 123. Client is trying to scam me, Who is going to handle this problem, To whom i should approach. I have all proofs and want to contact upwork support that they shall do justice . I sent all code files and I have proofs. I don't know whether number of hours decreased due to ending the contract. Please assist me what is happening.  ?

re: "What shall I do?"

Learn more about how hourly contracts and maximum weekly hour limits work... so that you will not make the same mistake in the future.

Hi Preston, Actually I completely know about hourly contracts, Can you just tell me to whom i show the proofs of myside. I want that Upwork team shall read the chat and see both sides !. Shall I write my all proofs in the chat with client or to send upwork support personally..

Proofs don't matter.

There is nobody to show your proofs to.

Hourly contracts work the way that they work.

A client may end a contract at any time.

A client is not required to pay for hours worked beyond the weekly maximum limit.

Hi Preston, I think you did not interpret my question correctly or I haven't posted correctly. Apology first. I have no concerns with excedded number of hours. I just want to say that client is not willing to pay my work (my actual number of hours). He is trying to scam me and I just want from you that kindly raise the ticket or if some comminty member see the case, proofs/chat about that project. That's all !

This does not make any sense to me.

You logged time.

You get paid automatically for the time that you logged.

There is nothing to dispute.

Clients have no control over how many hours you log.

From what I have read in this thread
- this client is not trying to scam you.

- this client is not breaking any Upwork rules

Preston, Thanks for Clarification. Basically Client is saying that I do not want to pay you completely , I want to dispute the part which you did not do well (in actual it is completed successfully and i have concrete proofs of it). He's saying that I have forwarded the recorded calls to upwork so that they shall make decision . So I am worried too because I have worked completely and deliver project . I want to show my proofs to upwork too before taking some decision. 

Freelancers are paid automatically for the time that they logged.

The client does not decide which hours to pay for. Client is billed for all hours. Client doesn't control this. Freelancer doesn't control this. It is automatic.

You can't show your proof to anyone. Client can't show calls to anyone. You can not dispute anything.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members