🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What should I do?
Page options
hasnaindanish
Community Member

What should I do?

Hi There! I hope you're doing Great.

I started working on upwork few weeks back and at that time I didn't knew that you have to be 18 to work on upwork,So when I got my first order, I received a notification to verify myself through Government issued ID and I dont have a Government issued ID as I am not 18 yet.

I completely respect the rules and I will not continue working on upwork.

But what about the money that I have earned? Will I get it? 
I earned $120 in my first order and that is a lot of money for me I cant lose it just like that, So I just wanna know what will happen?

I also submitted a request but haven't got any reply from them either.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hasnain,

Unfortunately, you can’t use the site at the moment. Upwork requires users to be 18 years or older to utilize the site. You are welcome to sign up once you reach the legal age to start working.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with available balance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hasnain,

Unfortunately, you can’t use the site at the moment. Upwork requires users to be 18 years or older to utilize the site. You are welcome to sign up once you reach the legal age to start working.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with available balance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

So, Now I dont have to do anything?

like I just have to wait and one of your team members will directly contact me for the transfer of funds?

Hi Hasnain, 

You should be able to add a payment method that matches the name of your Upwork account to be able to withdraw your earnings on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

That's the problem I dont have a bank account as I am not 18 yet.

Hi Hasnain, 

There are different payment methods available on Upwork other than using the Direct to Local Bank method. These are however limited by location, and not all payment methods are available to everyone. You can try checking which payment methods are available to you by going to your Get Paid page (Settings > Get Paid), and clicking on the Add Method button to see these options. 

Please setup the method that is most convenient for you to be able to withdraw your earnings on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members