cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should be done with Profile Plagiarists?

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
211 of 218

@Nichola L wrote:

Boy does Upwork have double standards - praising Google's attempt to zap false news,  but does absolutely zilch about copyright abuse.

Interesting... am I missing something? Did they publicly mention something somewhere?

elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
212 of 218

Upwork - you've got to be kidding me!

There is one profile - an exact copy of mine - that keeps coming back. Because of this effing profile mine accidentally got hidden for days a couple of months ago.

It can be found in Google and when I click on the link I can actually hire her. It is not even set to private. I have reported this profile over and over again. It has allegedly been "taken down" at least 5 times.

There is lawyer who also copied large parts my profile. This one has actually been set to private quickly.

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 19.41.24.png

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
213 of 218

Ela, DMCA. Period.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
214 of 218

Ela,

While I was able to find the profile via Google, it doesn't show in Upwork freelancer search. The account was closed back in April and this is what I see when I try to hire the freelancer:

Screenshot_4.png

Let me check if there is anything we can do to remove it fro Google search.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
215 of 218

How's that project about deleting a profile like it never existed coming along? So that when we have direct links, they take us to a blank page, rather than a page where it looks like the freelancer can and still is, working. That Ela can still go to a profile and click "hire me" is insanity.

All these stolen profiles should be blasted off into outer space and shot by ray guns into a million tiny atoms.

or something akin to that

elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
216 of 218

@Valeria K wrote:

Ela,

While I was able to find the profile via Google, it doesn't show in Upwork freelancer search. The account was closed back in April and this is what I see when I try to hire the freelancer:

Screenshot_4.png

Let me check if there is anything we can do to remove it fro Google search.

Well, why do I even get to the point where it looks like I could hire her? That happens on Uwpork, so her profile is still somewhere. That screenshot was taken 30 min ago.

I am sure I wouldn't be able to find her in Google now if the account was closed months ago. Something is off.

ETA: happy about this new option as I just found another guy who lacks imagination.

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 20.39.58.png

lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
217 of 218

Hey Ela,

Can you PM the URL for the profile you are able to see. 

Untitled
wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
218 of 218

Ela, I'm with Rene -

DMCA NOW!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS