cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should be done with Profile Plagiarists?

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
51 of 218

You're so popular Scott.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
browersr
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
52 of 218

@Rene K wrote:

You're so popular Scott.

Yes, very popular with those who are English challenged.  Like David Hasselhoff, I have some inexplicable profile allure in far away lands....

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
53 of 218

@Scott B wrote:

Hey guess what?  Yup, profile copied yet again.  I guess I am going to have to start doing weekly sweeps.  Already have my template for all the customer service requests.  This one has an enormously fake profile pic as well.  Good times.... 

You're obviously in somebody's network - perhaps somebody who is making money by offering good profiles. You should also check websites devoted to this. Other than Upwork, of course, who is not taking a strong enough line on this.

Infuriating for you. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
54 of 218

Hi Scott,

I see the team has already taken actions after you submitted the ticket and limited the account you are referring to. I've also shared feedback you and others shared on this thread.

~ Valeria
Upwork
browersr
Community Guru
55 of 218

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Scott,

I see the team has already taken actions after you submitted the ticket and limited the account you are referring to. I've also shared feedback you and others shared on this thread.

As always, thanks Valeria!  

browersr
Community Guru
56 of 218

Profile copied again by two other freelancers one of which is currently working on a job.  Of course I reported them to CS.

One thing everyone should be aware of.  One of the original feelancer's to copy my profile is still being allowed to operate on this platform.  He has changed his profile but he continues to work with clients and make money here. Take away from that what you will....

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
57 of 218

Scott, I think you are going to have to get legal advice. Upwork is seriously, seriously out of line on this.

browersr
Community Guru
58 of 218

@Nichola L wrote:

Scott, I think you are going to have to get legal advice. Upwork is seriously, seriously out of line on this.

Not there yet.  It irritates me yes, but I don't think I've lost even $.01 to these clowns.  I'd prefer to see if UW can handle this and from Valeria's post it seems they are working on it.  After having it happen this often though and I'd prefer if they banned these people upon being found guilty.  It does bother me that the one guy is allowed to continue to make money here.  That does not speak to "taking it seriously".  I'm willing to let this play out and perhaps while we await better automation, UW will take a tougher stand when it's reported...

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
59 of 218

@Scott B wrote:

Profile copied again by two other freelancers one of which is currently working on a job.  Of course I reported them to CS.

One thing everyone should be aware of.  One of the original feelancer's to copy my profile is still being allowed to operate on this platform.  He has changed his profile but he continues to work with clients and make money here. Take away from that what you will....

bro I'm waiting for it to happen to me... well it kinda already did and the guy kept coming back to the forum. I dont' know why they think it's a good idea to let them back.

Sorry man this i shappening to you

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
60 of 218

Hi Scott and others,

We understand your frustration with copied profiles and we taking this issue seriously. In the upcoming weeks we are planning to change our internal processes so stricter actions will be taken against freelancers who copy their profiles from elsewhere. Additionally, we are working on automated system that would detect duplicate profiles and flag them.

Unfortunately, since this changes require some pretty significant reorganization and involvement of several teams, it's taking longer than we wish it did.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS