🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What should i do now ?. I think I have cr...
Page options
irfan47326
Community Member

What should i do now ?. I think I have created two accounts mistakenly

I have created two accounts mistakenly, the first one I forgot actually which was a few years ago, but recently I got access to that because upwork asked me for "forgot password" option and they sent me the reset password link before this option was not working for me. Now I just want to delete one account, because this is against upwork policy. I respect upwork policy and want to work as per upwork policy.

Again I'll mention that I mistakenly had done this, it was never my intention. Please let me know if there is any help. You can delete one account you want and just keep the one for usage. I want to be honest with upwork and want to follow upwork's policy. I feel very sorry for this mistake. I believe this kind of mistakes will not be repeated by me in the future.

Please help me out

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Irfan:

Don't worry so much.

This is a BIG violatlon of Upwork policy.

But Upwork Customer Service will WORK WITH YOU if you set up a help desk ticket and ask them to help you remove your extra account(s).

If you get caught with multiple accounts, then you could face severe penalties. But if you go to them first, they will help you.

I am very honest and genuine person sir. I don't want to violate Upwork policy in any means that is why as I found this problem I created this question. I want upwork to know that and resolve as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for the reply sir.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Irfan, 

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. The Customer Support Team will continue assisting you on your support ticket. Feel free to follow up on the same ticket thread if you have further questions about your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths