🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What should we do with an employees profi...
Page options
eyedeosol
Community Member

What should we do with an employees profile (Exclusive Agency Member) who left our agency?

Hi. I wanted clarify a point regarding a leaving employee.

One of our employees left our company. She has an Upwork profile added to our agency account as an "Exclusive Agency Member". We will be hiring a replacement on her post within 1 week.

So what's best to do?

1. Transfer her account to our new employee that we would hire very soon.
or
2. Delete her account and create a new one for our new employee?

I would definitely like to get her account transferred to the new employee because this way the new employee keeps the profile projects and stars/feedback etc which would be nice. Is that possible?

If not, then I guess we would need to delete her account and create a new one for the new employee.

Please clarify.

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Irfan Ullah K wrote:

One of our employees left our company. She has an Upwork profile added to our agency account as an "Exclusive Agency Member". We will be hiring a replacement on her post within 1 week.

So what's best to do?

1. Transfer her account to our new employee that we would hire very soon.
or
2. Delete her account and create a new one for our new employee?

Neither. That profile is hers and hers alone. Release her from the agency and let her do what she likes with ***HER*** profile.

You have no right to delete her account or do anything to it. It is not yours. It is hers and whatever you do may be be a serious violation of Upwork's terms of service, so unless you want to risk your own and / or your agency account being suspended you simply remove that person's profile from your agency and stay well clear of it as you are forbidden from messing with anyone's profile other than your own.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Irfan Ullah,

Please note that it's a serious violation of Upwork ToS to log into other users' accounts. Each Upworker must have their own unique account on Upwork. 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to guide you further regarding your concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Irfan Ullah,

Please note that it's a serious violation of Upwork ToS to log into other users' accounts. Each Upworker must have their own unique account on Upwork. 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to guide you further regarding your concern.

Thank you!

Hi Bojan,

Well, I could see the image before it was edited and they told him I could do it (or so I understood)
How is it possible that they give those answers?
If he pays attention, he could have gotten into a good mess.

Maria T wrote:

Humans make mistakes 😉

Petra R wrote:

Maria T wrote:

Humans make mistakes 😉

Oh yes!
We make a lot of them Smiley LOL

eyedeosol
Community Member

I was previously told by an Upwork support chat agent that we can get an exclusive agency member account transferred to another new employee. (Screenshot attached). The highlighted words are very clear in their meaning.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Irfan Ullah K wrote:

I was previously told by an Upwork support chat agent that we can get an exclusive agency member account transferred to another new employee.

You were "told" wrong.

You need to never, ever, touch any of your freelancers' accounts and if they want to leave your agency, you let them have their accounts and do not interfere, unless you want to get your and you agency's accounts suspended and removed from Upwork.

Your "new employee" needs to create their own account, it has to be submitted for approval etc etc.

Accounts can not be transfered between different people. Ever.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members