🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What solution does UW suggest in this case ?
Page options
imenetalk
Community Member

What solution does UW suggest in this case ?

Hello,

You already know that mutliple clients (the decision makers like CEOs, top level managers, etc..) aren't using UW themselves, they either hire someone to find freelancers or another team member is using UW for them. Those top level managers have never been on UW in the first place.

I've seen mutliple examples in the past and even now.

The problem is when we remind them we need to conduct the interview phase inside the platform, those decision makers need to talk to us, if not in the beginning, then after the first interview, and since they don't use UW, they are only available on other chat systems.

I'm sure UW thought of that before making the recent ToS changes, right ?

Now my question is what alternative or what solution does UW offer to us as Freelancers first, when dealing when a company with this internal process/structure ?

If we agree to remind them we have to talk inside UW only, then I'm sure we can't agree on literally asking them to force their managers to sign into UW to talk to us.

And the result ? Making this complicated for them will only make them look for other platforms to hire people.

I've let a potential client go for this exact reason.

Does UW really think those clients will change their procedures and the way they have done it for several years, for the sake of UW freelancers ?
2 REPLIES 2
tlbp
Community Member

Most of my clients have a preferred system for communicating and none of them want to be stuck with Upwork's poor interface. I understand that once they offer a contract we are free but it is very awkward to explain to prospects. 

filip_knezevic
Community Member

I don't see this as much difficult.

As soon as the client asks for Skype, there is a warning message. 

So you just point to the message and say that before hire you need to use Upwork app. And really that's it. 

I didn't have any issues with this.

Also, if the Super Top Manager CEO Lord who never uses Upwork already chose his minion to interview you, surely they can finish the interview, present his findings to the Super Lord. Once Mega Master approves the freelancer, minion can just hire the freelancer.

After all, we all now that Supreme CEO Masters don't use Upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths