🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What tax form(s) will I receive from Upwo...
Page options
wlyonsatl
Community Member

What tax form(s) will I receive from Upwork for the 2019 tax year?

According to this page...

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063958-Report-Income-from-Upwork

"...because of changes to (US) tax laws, freelancers—including those who earned more than $600—will not receive a Form 1099-MISC from Upwork (and your clients are not required to send you a 1099-Misc either)."

Also...

"1099-K Exceptions

Freelancers who are U.S. Persons and receive over $20,000 with more than 200 transactions through Upwork"

What is a "transaction" for US tax purposes - each payment from each client who paid me throughout 2019, each weekly payout I have received from Upwork, other?

And will a seminar like this be available early in 2020?

https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1563460850278894595

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Will, 

I apologize for the delay as we had to check this with the team. Please know that the transactions referred to int his help article are the payments you received in all of his contracts. To view these transactions, you can go to Transactions History > and filter the report to 'Credits.'

If the webinar becomes available again in the future, we'll make sure to announce it here in the Community. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Will, 

I apologize for the delay as we had to check this with the team. Please know that the transactions referred to int his help article are the payments you received in all of his contracts. To view these transactions, you can go to Transactions History > and filter the report to 'Credits.'

If the webinar becomes available again in the future, we'll make sure to announce it here in the Community. 

~ Avery
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Thank you, Avery.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths