Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the heck is going on with oDesk today

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
1 of 14

I can't get into my account, when I do I either get an error message or the whole top of the page is missing. I thought it was fine when it first started but for the last hour I have had nothing but issues. I can't get into my work diary. It was telling me no work diaries for specific client. Now I can't get to the site at all.

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
2 of 14

The site has been having problems (sporadic connectivity...again) for the last two days including today. For a variety of resaons, it's best (at least for me) to have jobs from this platform, similar sites, and direct client to contractor relationships. In fact, having a day job (regular on site job) is a good idea as well.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
3 of 14

I just needed to get in to check my hours on one of my clients. Thank goodness I do all my work off of oDesk itself and just use the tracker, but the tracker has been acting sporadic as well that is why I was checking my hours.

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
4 of 14

Hi Suzanne,

Unfortunately we had some serious site issues affecting stability earlier today. We're back up and stable now.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
5 of 14

You are not back up where I am. I just received a job offer, but can not access certain parts of the site to find the original posting, check out the job posting and the client, and I can not get into the message area to reply. I have questions that I need answered before accepting this offer but no way to reach the person. 

I don't want to accept this blind without more information and then have to cancel the job so what do I do?

This is really disconcerting.

Ace Contributor
Candi H Member Since: Jan 14, 2015
6 of 14

Jean, how strange. I just had a similar experience and just posted about it. I have no idea what to do with the thing. I don't want a declined offer to be one of those secret "and more" that will impact my job success score!

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
7 of 14

I ended up have to decline the job offered to me. There's no job posting attached to it and it's been 18 hours since customer support escalated the issue. 

It's too bad as I would have accepted the job offer but with no info on the person or the job it's just impossible without a lot of risk to my job success score.

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
8 of 14

Sorry for this situation Jean. As noted by our Support team a little while ago, the issue you saw with this job offer was likely due to the downtime we experienced yesterday. We'll continue doing what we can to avoid these situations.

Margarita V Member Since: Apr 8, 2015
9 of 14

Doesn't look like you're 'back up'. I cannot access MESSAGES since yesterday (no idea how long this has been going on as I've been absent for several months) - instead of the messages list, an orange page pops up saying error 0, a technical issue and to try again later. 

I was able to see a message from a former client via Job Applications, I tried to reply BUT - yep, ERROR!

I have some extra time this month and applied to a few jobs, but what's the use if I get a response but can't see/access it?

Bad timing for my 'visit' here...oh well. 

Community Guru
Angela L Member Since: Oct 20, 2009
10 of 14

I received a few invites earlier, and was able to decline one and then the site timed out. By the time I was able to come back, one of the other clients had hired someone else and withdrawn the offer, so now it looks like I have an invitation that I did not respond to.

Will this negatively affect my JS % ?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS