🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What to do about an Enterprise Contract c...
Page options
better2best
Community Member

What to do about an Enterprise Contract closing in 7 days from now on?

I have a contract with an enterprise client that I see is set up to close automatically on the 30th of September. I have only one milestone on that contract.

Job is almost finished on my part, the client is still asking for small revisions every day(already 4 rounds of small revisions done, mostly fast, font changes or repositioning, it takes me probably 5-10 min in total to do)  so I didn't submit the milestone for approval. It feels like the client is undecided and just asks for endless revisions.  

So I have two questions: 

1. What happens if I don't press the "submit work for payment" on the milestone and the contract is closing automatically on the 30th? Do I get paid or not? 

2. What happens if I press the: "Submit work for payment" since I consider I finished the video asked from me...but the client doesn't approve the milestone and the contract closes automatically? Do I get paid or not? 

It's my first time working with an enterprise client, so please share your experiences. 

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Adrian S wrote:

The client sent me the contract on the 8th of September but gathered all the info and sent it to me to actually start working on the 17th of September. I finished and sent a draft on the 18th. Even if I would have pressed "submit the work for payment" on the 18th....the 14 days would still be after 30th(when the contract is closing). 

So basically should I accept the fact that if an enterprise contract is automatically closing in 7 days and I submit the milestone now, a client can "wait" to approve the milestone submitted when the contract closes itself, I don't get paid?

The contract will no close if you requested payment and the client hasn't approved before that date. The closing day is for contracts that are idle (from the systems point of view). It is to make sure that Enterprise clients to not have too many open contracts.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tlsanders
Community Member

Not submitting was your first mistake. There is very rarely any reason to send the client work without submitting for payment. When you submit, the client has 14 days to review and at any time during that two-week period can click to request revisions. So, there is NO need for the client to review before you click that button. 

A good solution at this point would be to click submit and ask the client to release partial payment. You've obviously done most of the work, so a large percentage would be appropriate. But, even releasing $5 will keep the contract alive.

If it expires the money will be refunded to the client and you will NOT be paid unless the client chooses to make it right.

The client sent me the contract on the 8th of September but gathered all the info and sent it to me to actually start working on the 17th of September. I finished and sent a draft on the 18th. Even if I would have pressed "submit the work for payment" on the 18th....the 14 days would still be after 30th(when the contract is closing). 

So basically should I accept the fact that if an enterprise contract is automatically closing in 7 days and I submit the milestone now, a client can "wait" to approve the milestone submitted when the contract closes itself, I don't get paid?

Adrian S wrote:

The contract will no close if you requested payment and the client hasn't approved before that date. The closing day is for contracts that are idle (from the systems point of view). It is to make sure that Enterprise clients to not have too many open contracts.

oh, I understand. Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths