🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What to do ? end upwork contract
Page options
mekailbd
Community Member

What to do ? end upwork contract

Hi guys! Hope you all are doing well and safe. I am new at Upwork.

I received an invitation to interview. 

Job Details: I saw it an hourly job.   **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I did my 1 st milestone.

I asked some questions to my client, He response too slow. I want to talk with him but he ignores it.  I asked him also to start hourly but he replies to me it's not hourly!
He wants to pay me a task basis. I don't want to do a task basis! 
How to handle this issue! 
Thanks 

Mekail R
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christine A wrote:

Mekail R wrote:

I asked some questions to my client, He response too slow. I want to talk with him but he ignores it.  I asked him also to start hourly but he replies to me it's not hourly!

The client TOLD you that the contract wasn't hourly, so why did you think otherwise? And when the client sent you the offer, you would have also clearly seen that it was a fixed price project. You should tone down the exclamation marks, because none of this is the client's fault.

So now, you can either choose to end the contract, or work on a milestone basis. 

I think you have to actually check a box stating that you understand it is a fixed price contract before you can accept the contract, don't you? 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Have you been hired yet? If not, stop working.

If you have accepted an offer, you should have posed all your questions and concerns to your client before accepting. Too late now, so deliver your work as agreed in the contract. 

Learning: never accept anything you are not comfortable with.

Yes, he hired me! I thought 1st milestone only for the trail.   Now, what to do? Capture2.JPG 

Mekail R
petra_r
Community Member

You happily accepted a fixed price contract, so that is what you got.

So you now have a fixed price contract with milestones.

mekailbd
Community Member

But In job post, I saw its hourly job. 

Mekail R
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Mekail R wrote:

The client TOLD you that the contract wasn't hourly, so why did you think otherwise? And when the client sent you the offer, you would have also clearly seen that it was a fixed price project. You should tone down the exclamation marks, because none of this is the client's fault.

So now, you can either choose to end the contract, or work on a milestone basis. 

Christine A wrote:

Mekail R wrote:

I think you have to actually check a box stating that you understand it is a fixed price contract before you can accept the contract, don't you? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths