cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do if I have accepted a wrong offer?

Ankur S Member Since: Jan 15, 2015
1 of 3

Hi,

I'm very new to Odesk. working as a freelancer part time. I have worked upto 12 hours and did total 7 jobs yet. I give my best to my clients and earned 5 star feedback from all. But now I'm stuck in a situation that I have accepted offer on a wrong price for a short time turnaround. I have not yet received any payment from client. When I submitted the first draft he disapproved because he want something else in low price. I'm thinking to stop here. What should I do?

Thanks

Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
2 of 3

Hi Ankur

If the client had not made any payment yet, Just apologize to him that you are unable to deliver the work as you misunderstood his quality requirements and ask him to end the contract. As he had not made any payments, his feedback will not appear on your profile.

For future reference let this be a lesson to always discuss the requirements clearly with the client. Also refer to this link if you are new and want to avoid such clients in future.

Having no Clients/Projects is better than having a Bad Client/Project.

Wish you a best of luck for future projects.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 3

Yeah, if you're honest with them, a decent client will appreciate your honesty.

To be completely clear, you could get dinged a bit in oDesk's algorithmic evaluation of your worthiness as a client. So you want to avoid doing this kind of thing.

But it is FAR better to back out of a contract you have not started than to start a contract that turns into a nightmare for you.

Your profile can absorb a few of these if it's not a pattern or habit.

If you really have not done any work for a client and a client has not paid you anything, you still have a lot of leverage and flexibility even if you accepted a job.

But once that money starts flowing... you need to be ready to follow through.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS