cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do in order to get jobs regularly?

Jarek K Member Since: Feb 3, 2015
1 of 2

Hi everyone!

I know I will sound like a "bighead", but I think I have big potential (I work as a graphic designer and I specialize in print design and desktop publishing).

I managed to get few jobs on oDesk, but last weeks weren't so successfull. I'm wondering what else I should do in order to get jobs regularly. I filled my profile, portfolio and I passed few tests. I think I write quite good cover letters because I never copy them and I always refer to things mentioned in job description (I send about 10 cover letters per week).  My English isn't so bad too. Yet... it doesn't seem to be enough Smiley Sad

Could you please give me some advice?

Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
2 of 2

Just keep in mind that not getting work might have nothing to do with you.  If there are more freelancers that want to work than there are clients looking to hire, "regular" work simply won't be possible for everyone.  There may be things you can do to improve your chances of getting the jobs that are available, but it's always best done on a case-by-case basis.  Think long-term rather than week-to-week.  If you're not happy with how things are after 3+ months, maybe you're just too big for oDesk!  Smiley Very Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS