🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What to do with my holding contract?
Page options
uysimty
Community Member

What to do with my holding contract?

My client have been working on Upwork for more than 2 years. Suddenly, he have problem with money flow due to the COVID-19 which automatically make my contract on hold. Thank to Upwork protection that cover hourly tracking. 
I prefer to stand with my client until he able to resolve this problem. But this contract has been on hold more than more than 1 month already. I worry that my JSS might drop because this contract will stop earning for a long time. 
Should I ask him to end contract to protect my JSS?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Uysim T wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong. 

You are wrong.

Provided money has been paid, it does not have an effect on your JSS. Also, the client is suspended for non-payment and contracts with suspended clients are excluded from the JSS calculation anyway. 

MY JSS is 100% and I have 15+ contracts that are idle because the clients only need something every few months or even less often. 

IF the client thinks they will resolve the issue in the next month or so, you might as well leave it open. Otherwise you can ask them to close the contract and rehire you when things get better. As far as your JSS is concerned, it makes no difference.

idle.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Uysim T wrote:

I worry that my JSS might drop because this contract will stop earning for a long time. 
Should I ask him to end contract to protect my JSS?

It will not have any negative effect on your JSS. Money has been paid under it, so it's harmless.

uysimty
Community Member

But on this page https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score. On FAQ about idle or inactive contract, It will effect my JSS.

uysimty
Community Member

But on this page https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score. On FAQ about idle or inactive contract, It will effect my JSS.

petra_r
Community Member

Uysim T wrote:

You are wrong.

Provided money has been paid, it does not have an effect on your JSS. Also, the client is suspended for non-payment and contracts with suspended clients are excluded from the JSS calculation anyway. 

MY JSS is 100% and I have 15+ contracts that are idle because the clients only need something every few months or even less often. 

IF the client thinks they will resolve the issue in the next month or so, you might as well leave it open. Otherwise you can ask them to close the contract and rehire you when things get better. As far as your JSS is concerned, it makes no difference.

idle.png

uysimty
Community Member

Thank you so much. You are always outstanding in this community

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members