🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Benefits of shorter applications?
Page options
rafsun_ug
Community Member

What was the necessity to make the "Cover Letter" box tinier?

What was the necessity to make the "Cover Letter" box tinier?

Screenshot_1.png
Could you please bring back the last size...bigger than this?
It is an unnecessary change and it is very inconvenient to read.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Just drag the lower right hand corner to make the box bigger.

Or type cover letter in a text editor program, then copy and paste.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
prestonhunter
Community Member

Or type cover letter in a text editor program, then copy and paste.

Thank you very much!

I was annoyed about the small area for a proposal and didn't realize I could make it larger by dragging the lower right-hand corner. Thanks, Preston!

dreamingfilms
Community Member

The Cover Letter space has shrunked! totally annoying (screenshot attached). It's supposed to be a letter....Screenshot 2021-03-30 091836.png

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'll make sure to pass it to our team for review.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am big. It's the pictures that got small.

Oh I know that quote! Is from Sunset Boulevard! Took me less than a minte to figure out 😎 The kids wouldn't know...

Preston H wrote:

I am big. It's the pictures that got small.

Norma, that you?

The Upwork bid window (for typing in bid text) seems to have gotten smaller recently. Has anyone else changed their bid length with the new window, and if so, has your success rate changed?

I've always been a bit on the long side, so I decided to try something new and started sending out much shorter bids with a stronger CTA for a Zoom call at the end.

This has been pretty unsuccessful, as I seem to be getting even fewer interviews than I was before.

Maybe I'm just having an unlucky streak? Has anyone else tried this?

filip_knezevic
Community Member

I apologize if this question was already posted.

It seems there were some changes in sending proposals.

It also seems one of those changes is to make a cover letter windows small without a possibility to expand it, so one is forced to scroll up and down to read the entire thing.  

Is there a reason for this except to annoy freelancers that are trying to submit proposals? 🙂

Hi Filip,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'll make sure to pass it to our team for review.

Meanwhile, you should be able to resize the window dragging bottom right corned down (screenshot for reference).

~ Bojan
Upwork

Ok, that worked. Thanks, Bojan.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All, thanks for sharing your concerns regarding the size of the cover letter box on the Submit Proposal page. We will be addressing this issue soon!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths