🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What with all the scams on front page?
Page options
gaucho76
Community Member

What with all the scams on front page?

Just noticed there are a lot of scammers posting jobs, last week there were 1 or 2 per page, now it's almost completely filled with scams (those asking for well paid, urgent jobs and posting an email address and/or telegram contact).

IMHO you should really take care of that. Not only because it looks bad, but also because they'll actually catch victims. And honestly, it would take literally 5-10 minutes to do write a script  to automatically ban them

7 REPLIES 7
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Many people are reporting this, and many also think it would take literally 5-10 minutes to write a script to automatically ban them, and that that should be done. Hopefully, it will be. No word on why that isn't being done though.

gaucho76
Community Member

Well, we reached a new high. 100% of job posts on my landing page are scams. 😤 I won't report them anymore, if Upwork doesn't care why would I?

researchediting
Community Member

Yesterday saw a solid run of 9 forum posts about scam jobs. It caught my eye because they took up an entire screen's worth at my resolution. That's not counting another half-dozen or so scattered throughout yesterday's posts.Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 23.02.52.png

lysis10
Community Member

Yeah, the whole forum is complaints about spam and scams, which is justified cuz it's bad.

idk if Upwork cares, but spamming Upwork is being promoted as a way to make money on blackhatworld. It's probably getting passed to trash tier FB groups and now it's bad.

Hey, if something works...

gaucho76
Community Member

Well, now they are PLUS clients. Give me a break...

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Yes, and sometimes they are Featured, and labled an Interesting Job, too.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths