cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats all this fees coming from?

mlopezwalls
Maria L Member Since: Oct 15, 2015
1 of 5
I keep getting bonuses from my client..but upwork takes about 5% of it..
jmeyn
Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
2 of 5

@Maria L wrote:
I keep getting bonuses from my client..but upwork takes about 5% of it..

It will probably 10% of it. What's wrong with that? Bonuses are pay and Upworks receives a commission of 10% of the payments you receive. 

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 5

Upwork takes 10% of any payment made, including bonuses. Do you not think it is fair? Look at it this way: their income is taken as a percentage of any undertaking, bonuses included; without it, they would be out of business, and the freelancers who work here would not be able to connect with the clients that post jobs here. 

jmeyn
Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
4 of 5

@Irene B wrote:

Upwork takes 10% of any payment made, including bonuses. Do you think it is fair? Look at it this way: their income is taken as a percentage of any undertaking, bonuses included; without it, they would be out of business, and the freelancers who work here would not be able to connect with the clients that post jobs here. 

Irene, yes, I agree, I believe this to be fair too.

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
5 of 5

If there were no fees for bonuses, then people would fiddle the system and set a $1000 project as $20 and then pay a $980 bonus. That's $2 in fees rather than $100. The provider and the freelancer split the difference and get $49 each. Naughty!

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS