Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the Benefit of being top rated?

rameez_siddiqi1
Ace Contributor
Rameez S Member Since: Dec 20, 2015
1 of 7

I came over from Elance and most of my high paying clients were from Invite Only Jobs. 

Ever since I have started on upwork, first few months things were going great, but now I rarely get any invites to interview, even though I am top Rated, My JSS is stuck at 98% (Just 2 contracts on Pause - That too because of clients), other reason I see is I am degraded on  the searches for my keywords to 4,5 page or in some cases to no where and I see contractors with lesser hours and not that great review rank higher on searches.

On Elance I used to be on first page of my keywords. I dont know whats the logic behind upwork recommending freelancers and companies on their searches, But it has hit my work very bad. I have all the right things on my profile, Reviews, a good JSS, Top Rated badge but I am not visible on searches at all in my Keywords like "Xero", "Quickbooks" and its very frausterating for me. What do I need to do to rank better on searches and get viewed often.

Very Frausterated! 

creativedigit
Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Basically you'll have a crown in your profile. 

View solution in original post

rameez_siddiqi1
Ace Contributor
3 of 7

Yes that is correct, the current system of Searching freelancers is highly flawed and very frausterating to see after years of hardwork maintaining stats the new upwork system throwing me at the end of searches lol 

2a05aa63
Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
4 of 7

You can delete one contract for each 10 closed ones once in 3 month.

rameez_siddiqi1
Ace Contributor
5 of 7

The Benefit of it ?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 7

Hi Rameez, 

Just by searching "Quickbooks" with the Top Rated filter, your agency details appear on the 5th page.

Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 12.28.56 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork
rameez_siddiqi1
Ace Contributor
7 of 7

And who would worry going to 5th Page ?? 

I also do Project Management Hiring people on Upwork for one of my clients and getting his projects done. We never goto that page 

and We never select Top Rated as Upwork hasnt highlighted this filter (Only above 90% JSS is highlighted).

I am top rated and no one searched me that's what I see from my stats Smiley Happy Inshort All hard work to get good reviews .... no benefit because what can I see from searches and people coming on first pages are that either they understand the tweak of getting rated on first pages or its there luck, it has got nothing to do with JSS or reviews

And some of my competitors are Agency but there profiles also show as Freelancers in searches. I was forced to be an agency on upwork whereas I wanted to be a Freelancer because when I was migrating upwork had that big server issues.

Sorry just annoyed with current system. Its like SEO not reviews, JSS and all the hardwork. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS