cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I get paid with Manual Time.

mariz_21
Bea Mariz M Member Since: Dec 12, 2016
1 of 14

I have a client has enable the Manual Time for 20hrs per week, and I already finish the first week of my task with all manual time login.
I contacted him but I receive no replies, Please help me what I need to do to get my manual time payment. Thanks

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 14

You don't need to contact the client in order to get paid.

When you log manual time, you are paid automatically.

You are paid at the same time you would be paid if you logged time using the time-tracking software.

There is no difference in when you get paid. Just be patient.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 14

Hi Bea,

As Preston already stated, clients are billed automatically for the hours recorded within the weekly limit set at the onset of the contract according to the weekly billing cycle. Note however that only the time recorded with the Desktop app is eligible for Upwork Hourly Payment Protection, unlike manual hours and bonus payments. We strongly advise users to use the Desktop app on Hourly contracts and you can find more information about the app in this Help article.

On another note, please replace your current profile photo with the one that clearly shows your face.

Untitled
2a3bd0fc
Ali R Member Since: Mar 15, 2018
4 of 14

Hi Vladimir,

Hope all is well.

Sorry your answer is not clear. If my free lancer logs manual time above the allowed weekly limit on an hourly contract. Will they automatically get paid?

The first reply seems to say yes but your reply seem to suggest that manual time only up to the weekly limit is automatically billed.

Which one is the case please? 

e.g. I have a freelancer on hourly contract that is allowed 10 hours.

They bill 10 hours plus 3 extra hours of manual time

so tocal is 13.

will they automatically get paid for 13 hours?

If not how do I approve the extra 3 hours?

Thanks.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 14

Hi Ali,

You will not be billed for manual or tracked hours above the weekly limit . In order to pay the freelancer for the hours above the limit you can send the payment as a bonus, or increase the weekly limit.
If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you!

Untitled
h_omoroje
Henry O Member Since: Jun 17, 2019
6 of 14

Please, I need to know something about the weekly manual time.

I got a contract and it was set to $20/week and I didn't know I had to set the time before I commence on the job but now I'm done with the job.

1. can I still set up the time and get paid

2. How long will it take for me to be paid and reflect in my balance

3. How does it calculate my timing on the work since I have finished the contract 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 14

Hi Henry,

Unfortunately since the week has ended you won't be able to add manual time for last week. You can reach out to your client and ask them to send you the payment via bonus, or add your manual time this week. 

When you`re working on hourly contracts clients are billed every Monday for the time tracked in the previous week. To learn more how you`re getting paid on hourly contracts check out this Help Article.

If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

Untitled
h_omoroje
8 of 14

Thanks for replying... My second and the third question wasn't answered

I needed to know how the system determines the number of hours I have worked considering the fact that I'm no longer on the contract. I mean does it check the number of clicks or something or assume that in a whole week you are expected to work 1hour.

the second question is.. for hourly work, I can get feedback from a client?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 14

Henry O wrote:

1) I needed to know how the system determines the number of hours I have worked considering the fact that I'm no longer on the contract.

2) I mean does it check the number of clicks or something or assume that in a whole week you are expected to work 1hour.

3) for hourly work, I can get feedback from a client?

1) It doesn't.  You get paid the hours you used the tracker properly or logged as manual time.

2) No, it does not. It charges the client for the hours you either tracked or logged manually

3) If money was paid, yes. If no money was paid, no, only private feedback.

Is the contract still open?

Would it not have been a good idea to have figured out how stuff works before accepting contracts?

h_omoroje
10 of 14
Yes the contract is still open.
I didn't know it was an hourly job. Thought it was a fixed price. moreover
the job was urgent but now I'm getting to understand

Thanks for the reply . I really appreciate
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS