cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I get paid with Manual Time.

sarahelgarco
Sarah M Member Since: Oct 30, 2019
11 of 14

Hello my weekly time contract is only 10 hours and I worked for 13hours this week. will I get paid for the extra 3 hours I worked for? also you've mentioned it can be carry over to a bonus. Can you teach me how to do that? Thanks

wescowley
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
12 of 14

Sarah M wrote:

Hello my weekly time contract is only 10 hours and I worked for 13hours this week. will I get paid for the extra 3 hours I worked for? also you've mentioned it can be carry over to a bonus. Can you teach me how to do that? Thanks

You won't be paid automatically for the extra hours, and there's no guarantee you'll be paid at all for anything over the contract limit. I think your best bet at this point is to discuss it with your client. If they agree to cover the extra three hours they can issue a bonus for that amount from the contract page. 

In the future, if you think you're going to exceed the contract limit, talk with the client in advance and ask them to raise the limit. If they don't, then don't work the extra hours.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 14

re: "Hello my weekly time contract is only 10 hours and I worked for 13hours this week. will I get paid for the extra 3 hours I worked for?"

You will not be paid automatically.

But if you ask the client to pay you, he may do using the "Pay Bonus" tool.

Clients have the option to pay you additional money at any time, as a bonus.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
14 of 14

Hi Sarah, 

Hours that go over the number of hours in your contract are not automatically billed to the client. Your client will need to pay this in the form of a bonus payment, which will go through a five day security period before it becomes available to your account. You may read more about it here.

As a gentle reminder please know that bonus payments are not covered under Upwork Payment Protection. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS