Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I understand, its late......

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Md. Mahadi H Member Since: Nov 14, 2014
1 of 4

I was submitting a proposal to a suitable job post. In one section answering to a question about my previous experience, I wrtoe "Please see the attachment for details...." and completed all sections. OK. Everything looks good. Lets hit submit. Here it goes. Hey! Just a minute. Have I attached the file? Oh! no. Its a mistake. Lets attach the file now. But unfortunately there is no option to attach it. Its late. So what to do. Lets withdraw the application and apply again. Thats a good idea at least. Alas, my quota is finished Smiley Sad. Its really dissapointing.

May be many of you have faced similar incidents. I am just thinking it would be nice if there were chance to not only modify the body of application but also the attach files after submission. This facility is available in Elance. Hopefully oDesk authority will pay attention on this issue.

Thank you for reading.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
2 of 4

Although I am usually on the applying side for the jobs. But from a client's perspective I would not want this feature to be added. Simply because it will become really tough for a client to keep up with the changes in cover letters. Once a client has read the cover letter , he should not be made to re-read it again and again. If he needs some clarification or more information from you, he will simply contact you back.

Quote: "There are no second chances in freelancing" 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
3 of 4

Aseem,

I think the OP is referring to when you realiseyour omission immediately, then immediately withdraw it and re-apply. I don't know how long that option to re-apply lasts. I've used it a few times when I forgot to attach, etc - we're all human (even me  Smiley Frustrated) When I do it I state in the dialog box "forgot to attach - re-applying" or similar. I think the OP's problem is that although the system responds fast enough to letting you re-apply, the job quota doesn't react as quickly, so there's a timelag where it's not possible to re-apply if you've used all your aqpplications..

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Nanang T Member Since: Nov 22, 2014
4 of 4

Sometimes I do this "withdraw-re-apply" when I suppose to attach something (I wrote about it in cover letter), but forgot to attach.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS