🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When Timer is active in fixed price jobs and ...
Page options
sarvajain
Community Member

When Timer is active in fixed price jobs and snapshots are taken(Optional), is my employer able to s

When Timer is active in fixed-price jobs and snapshots are taken(Optional), is my employer able to see them?

11 REPLIES 11
jr-translation
Community Member

Sarvagya J wrote:

When Timer is active in fixed-price jobs and snapshots are taken(Optional), is my employer able to see them?

Why would you use the tracker for a fixed-rate job?

Just to keep a time track for personal use ( Like counting the $ per hour worked earned etc).

Sarvagya J wrote:

Just to keep a time track for personal use ( Like counting the $ per hour worked earned etc).

You can delete the screenshots. But you should make sure you are always on the right contract and never accidently log time for the wrong client.

You can't just look at the clock?

Amanda L wrote:

You can't just look at the clock?

I can't. I find timing all work, whether using Upwork's timer or my invoicing system, invaluable in making sure I'm getting a decent ROI on current contracts, and in helping me schedule and estimate accurately for prospective contracts.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant, you can't look at a clock and note on a spreadsheet or other document when you started and stopped? 

Amanda L wrote:

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant, you can't look at a clock and note on a spreadsheet or other document when you started and stopped? 

Yes, I could make the process less automated and more complicated than using tools built for the purpose, and integrated with the billing systems.

Robot wink

There's a bunch of time clock apps out there for any operating system not connected to Upwork that can be used for this purpose. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "When Timer is active in fixed-price jobs and snapshots are taken(Optional), is my employer able to see them?"

Yes.

re: "Why would you use the tracker for a fixed-rate job?"

To keep track of how long it takes you to do the work.

researchediting
Community Member

Sarvagya J wrote:

If you have an employer, probably not. But your client can see them.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths