🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When Will I See MY Job Success Score
Page options
drahmartin
Community Member

When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?

My profile was transferred from Elance and I became active on Upwork this July. I’ve 100% profile completed and have had my identity verified. I also have a long term contract since July and have gone on to complete at least two other short contract jobs on Upwork but I’m yet to receive a JSS and a badge. I would like to know if I’m doing anything wrong because I feel I have done enough to earn a JSS and a badge.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martin,

In order to get a Job Success Score, freelancers need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients who left feedback
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

550 REPLIES 550

Sir,

I fulfilled these given conditions 

Projects with 2 (or more) different clients who left feedback4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

Why my JSS is not available yet?

Abid H wrote:

I fulfilled these given conditions 

Why my JSS is not available yet?

Because you only have 3 completed contracts. You need at the very least 4 completed contracts with at least 2 different clients.

Hi everyone.

I recently joined upwork as a freelancer less than a month ago. I have completed more than 5 jobs (some of them have not been given a rating by my employer whilst some haven't been ended by my employer). I read somewhere on upwork that after completing 5 jobs many freelancers are able to see their JSS. If I am unable to see mine, is it because my employers have not ended the contract (though they have payed me) and/or they ended the contract but did not rate me?

I haven't received the 'rising talent' badge as well even though I have completed 100% of my profile, keep applying to new jobs, passed the readiness test and remain an active member. Any reason that could lead to this possibility? (I still haven't spent any money to buy new connects because I did not need them yet, could this be a reason?)

Hi Syed,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. In order to get a Job Success Score, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to receive your initial score. You can check out this help article to learn more about JSS.

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, So far I have completed 8 projects successfully.  I have got only 5 stars feedback. But I don't have Job Success score yet and Raising Talent label. When my profile is updated showing  Job Success Score yet and Raising Talent? Kind regards.  

Hi Fatih,

First off, congrats on the projects completed! In order for you to get a Job Success Score, you must have completed projects with 2 or more different clients and 4 or more different contracts within the past 24 months. On that same note, JSS is updated every two weeks and when I looked at your contracts, it seems a good number of them were completed past the last update. Please check next week after the JSS update and you'll likely have it. 

Regarding the Rising Talent badge, it is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d4545a2a
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Now  I qualified the requirement list. So do I have to wait for the system to reflect my account?

Thank you.

Regards

Fatih 

Hi Fatih,

If you are referring to the Rising Talent badge, I'd like to clarify that once you have a Job Success Score, you would not be able to have the badge. Nonetheless, now you can work toward earning Top Rated status. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Fatih O wrote:

Hello, So far I have completed 8 projects successfully.  I have got only 5 stars feedback. But I don't have Job Success score yet a

You'll get a JSS next time the JSS is calculated, which is next Sunday.

Edited: There you go, The JSS updated today and you have it now 🙂

I didn't get the job success score and i have in progress 2 projects but showing only one project.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sujit,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and there are no earnings yet for this contract. In general, when you receive the earnings, the contract should show on your work history. 

Regarding your concern about your Job Success Score. Please know that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. In order to get a Job Success Score, you need to complete:

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

You can find more information about JSS in this help article

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hey guys, 

I have 4 completed jobs with 3 different customers. Why haven't I still received my JSS? When will I receive it?

Hi,

I have 5 completed jobs but still can't see my JSS. How longer should I wait?

Patrick M wrote:

Hi,

I have 5 completed jobs but still can't see my JSS. How longer should I wait?

It is only calculated once every 2 weeks, on Sunday evening UTC. It will next be calculated tomorrow

However, be careful what you wish for. No JSS is better than a poor JSS

I haven`t used the platform for a few years and my job success score dissapeared; also I don`t have a rising star badge or whatever.

As you can imagine I`m having a hard time getting projects.

Is there a way to restore the stats?

petra_r
Community Member

George M wrote:

I haven`t used the platform for a few years and my job success score dissapeared;

You haven't been working on Upwork since 2016, so there are no contract outcomes in the maximum JSS-Calculation window of 2 years.

You'll need 4 to 8 completed contracts from a minimum of 2 different clients to get a JSS. The RT status is for new people who haven't done enough contracts for a JSS yet.

George M wrote:

I haven`t used the platform for a few years and my job success score dissapeared; also I don`t have a rising star badge or whatever.

As you can imagine I`m having a hard time getting projects.

Is there a way to restore the stats?

I don't think not having a JSS any longer is a huge disadvantage. You have a work history, so that is a big advantage over all the other freelancers that are completely new. 

I already have 6 contract. But how do I get JSS? Thank you

Hi Hoverlyn,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. In order to get a Job Success Score, you need to complete:

We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to receive your initial score.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have done 8 projects now but I still can't see JSS score anywhere on my profile. Can you please guide me?

Hi Upwork Team,

I've completed 5 projects for 5 different clients, so when will I see my Job Success Score?

Thanks in advance.

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad E wrote:

I've completed 5 projects for 5 different clients, so when will I see my Job Success Score?

You will need more because yours are very small. 
You want to avoid doing jobs for $1.00 - it does not help your profile at all.

Hi,

I have already completed 2 projects. Will I get JSS Score now? Plus I already earned USD 1k.

Thanks!

Hello,

I've completed 4 projects of 4 different clients, more than 5 milestones, so when will I see my Job Success Score?

Thanks in advance. 

Your profile only shows three jobs. I didn't get one until my fifth job with different clients. It does vary.

Hi. 

i compeleted every job with 5 Star.. my JSS was 100% but today my JSS showing 61%..i don`t have any negative feedback on my profile.... so why my JSS gone 100 to 61. please guide me.

Thanks.

Hi Sami,

I was able to check that your JSS is calculated correctly. Keep in mind that contracts with no earnings and no feedback, whether closed or not, can significantly lower your JSS because they indicate client dissatisfaction. Additionally, the higher the earnings on a contract, the bigger the impact this can have on your JSS. Feel free to check this help article to learn more about how JSS  is calculated.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Could you please let me know why I haven't received my JSS yet?

Thanks

Mahad A wrote:

Could you please let me know why I haven't received my JSS yet?

Because you have only 3 completed contracts with feedback, two of which are very low value. 

Hi Mahad,

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. To learn more about Job Success Score, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same situation is here! All feedbacks are 5/5 and JSS is decreasing.
100% to 88%

Upwork is creating frustration.

I got three jobs kindle ebook reviews

Only one of your jobs appears to heve been closed. It usually takes 4 to 8 *completed* contracts to get a JSS.

Thank u for your reply. But I must ask that what if my clients don't close the contracts, as this is the situation with me and we can assume that these "in progress" jobs can take longer, and I myself don't want to close the contract because I'm assuming that clients can start new milestone at any time.  

@Munib Ali L wrote:

Thank u for your reply. But I must ask that what if my clients don't close the contracts, as this is the situation with me and we can assume that these "in progress" jobs can take longer, and I myself don't want to close the contract because I'm assuming that clients can start new milestone at any time.  

You need at least 4 or 5 COMPLETED contracts to calculate a JSS.

So you need to wait until you have those.

Got it. Thanks.

1cfb021d
Community Member

Contract  Or Jobs Completed Of Different clients. And Does Contract From Same Clients Counts?

petra_r
Community Member

Rohit R wrote:

Contract  Or Jobs Completed Of Different clients. And Does Contract From Same Clients Counts?

4 to 5 (sometimes more) completed contracts from at least 3 different clients.

Dear Petra,

What if i completed the job and client released the fund, but they didnt leave any feedback and status shows (in process) "like the 2 in my profile" . but i have a message saying by client that its all done? does it effect my profile or is their anything i can do? as i sent many of the text them but they are unresponsive

thanks

Maruf

Maruf
1f32be23
Community Member

Hi . 

Should I need to complete at least 4 or 5 projects from different clients ? can I have JSS even if two projects of them came to me from one client? also will their private feedback effect my jss? I would appreciate for your help about this question.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths