🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: When Will My Service Fee Updated?!?!
Page options
holmes-mary
Community Member

When Will My Service Fee Updated?!?!

Why is my service fee not updated!?! I have earned over $1,000 and I'm still charged 20%. Is Upwork going to compensate me for the extra money theyve charged.... And when will they fix this?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mary, 

I checked your account and if you check this page, you will see that only two of your contracts have passed the $500 threshold. Upon checking  both contracts are now charging the 10% service fees, as the earnings are greater than $500.01.

Please know that when you cross an earning threshold, the service fees will be charged at a blended rate. For example, if you begin an hourly or fixed-price contract with a new client for $600, you’ll be billed 20% on the first $500 and 10% on the remaining $100. For Contract ID 22501182, this was charged the blended rate. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Mary H wrote:
Why is my service fee not updated!?!

You understand it is "per client" - not "overall" - right?

I do. One client I have earned $1,500 and still getting charged 20%.

Mary H wrote:
I do. One client I have earned $1,500 and still getting charged 20%.

Are you sure? The hours logged that are available now were still at 20% - you won't see the reduced fee until the hours you logged in excess of the $ 500 are in Pending.

Hi Mary, 

I checked your account and if you check this page, you will see that only two of your contracts have passed the $500 threshold. Upon checking  both contracts are now charging the 10% service fees, as the earnings are greater than $500.01.

Please know that when you cross an earning threshold, the service fees will be charged at a blended rate. For example, if you begin an hourly or fixed-price contract with a new client for $600, you’ll be billed 20% on the first $500 and 10% on the remaining $100. For Contract ID 22501182, this was charged the blended rate. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

If you're talking about the 10% fee after $500 - that's per client, not overall money earned.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members