🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When a client's Job Posting has lots of typos...
Page options
michaelncarlson
Community Member

When a client's Job Posting has lots of typos, bad spelling and bad grammar, are they testing us to

I've noticed that many job postings have bad grammar, spelling and punctuation. Are these clients testing us to see how good we are at proofreading? Should we mention the errors when we sumbit our proposal?

5 REPLIES 5
atreglia
Community Member

Michael C wrote:

I've noticed that many job postings have bad grammar, spelling and punctuation. Are these clients testing us to see how good we are at proofreading? Should we mention the errors when we sumbit our proposal?

I don't think it's a test.  I think that's just how they write.  I guess they could have a disability but having worked for a disability unit most of my career I havent come across a disabled person who did not include a footnote regarding their written (speech to text)  words.  Anyhow, in the absence of a footnote (which I've never seen here)  I do not reply to those postings because I see that as an indication of things to come.

yitwail
Community Member

Michael C wrote:

I don't know, but are you testing the gurus here with your typo?

Spoiler
sumbit s/b submit 

John, you are too good.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Should we mention the errors when we submit our proposal?"

How would doing so be of benefit to me?

Personally, I don't mind these problems. If a client's job posting is imperfect with regards to how the client writes in the English language, that doesn't necessarily mean that the client doesn't have money.

I have been hired by clients with very limited English language capabilities. I have been hired by clients who are native English speakers, but whose writing is unpolished. Their money all spends the same.

kfarnell
Community Member

Michael C wrote:

Only if they ask you to. Otherwise, it's as rude (maybe more so) as if they respond to my bid saying they don't like my hair.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members