Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When are the issues going to quit

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
1 of 43

I complain like the rest and then settle down and go oh well to the issues on Upwork, but it is an issue when it is a daily occurence of errors and issues. 

Today my mail is missing emails although I switched it to the Old view. Now one message is in the archived. 

The site has been up and down. I couldn't login to the forum.

I still have an issue that has been over a month old sitting in my emails to support, although I was told they would fix it in a later update, the csr is sending me messages still telling me it is much to complex and they need to esculate it. 

My dang profile says I hid the feedback when there is no way for me to hide the feedback. There is feedback in the contract. It just is not showing in my profile. Which by the way Upwork makes me look like I hid something bad. The feedback is not bad.

There is something every day.

When are the issues and errors and problems going to stop? This is getting really old.

Now I can get to old message center but there is no navigation, I go to upwork.com and get "Holy Guacomole" or "Crikey"

Edited to add: My dang availability keeps changing to nothing ticked on it. It shows nothing in my profile for available but that I am. I have to keep going back in and changing it.

protegesolutions
Steven C Member Since: Aug 27, 2015
2 of 43

You ought to try getting a profile setup! It's ajoke! Many links lead to blank pages. That is, a page - ef My Profile - is returned but the BODY is empty, so it's not a browser issues (I tried Chrome and IE11 and the issues are the same).

I think it's just an amaueurish site. Which ironic considerignnwhat it's about ...

Can't add skills, can't edit profile, profiles flip between accounts ... it's endless.

And they've bought ELance which you now can't sign up to BUT no Elance profiles are visible from UpWork! That's just idiotic.

Anyway, I think quite a few people are feeling your pain. I just wish incompetent companies would stay away from ones that work pretty well (eg ELance).

scmenterprise
Sherry M Member Since: Jul 27, 2015
3 of 43

I agree, the issues seem to be endless. I finally got my Elance history to show up on Upwork, but it took 10 days of dealing with support/ escalation etc.

And is it just me, or does the Upwork website/ system seem far inferior to Elance's? With regard to navigation, ease of use, accessibility of information, managing jobs, etc. it seems Upwork is falling far short. Is there an outlet where the powers that be will actually welcome and listen to these grievances? If they want to excel, it seems they would want to know what their freelancers and clients are saying. But if there is such a place I haven't found it.

chris_macartwork
Community Guru
Chris M Member Since: May 6, 2015
4 of 43

Those Guacamole and Crikey messages are really annoying me now. They are so un-professional. I was going to say what they are equivalent to but I've self censored myself for fear of getting my post removed.

Please Upwork remove all the asides such as 'Crikey' etc. when there are errors in the system. And also especially remove the even more annoying little phrases that follow them. They are not 'funny' and they are totally innapropriate for a platform that is dealing with peoples livelihoods.

Please fix all the operational problems so that there is no need forerror messages in the first place.

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
5 of 43

@Suzanne

I so know what you mean. Today I've not had any bugs, but every other day this week, it was this, that and the other wrong.

Message Center weirdness, unable to load my Profile, Job Feed oddities, unable to log into Upwork or the Forums.

I bid on a couple of jobs this week and included my Skype ID only because I am so scared of not getting prospective client messages.

Things have been more broken the last 2 weeks then at the begining of the month. Makes me wonder if the migration from Elance (no offense meant to any of you folks) might be overloading the site in general.

crhysconsulting
Community Guru
Cairenn R Member Since: Aug 19, 2015
6 of 43

Elance didn't overload it - Odesk was never prepared to handle something this huge in the first place. 

cclapper
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
7 of 43

Which to me is insane. The site was live, they had clients and freelancers using it. Why weren't the bugs worked out before the whole Elance fiasco? I agree, the only thing I can think of is that the Upwork platform is NOT capable or as you said never was capable of handling the increased traffic. Smiley Surprised

tgano
Community Guru
Tracye G Member Since: Sep 30, 2008
8 of 43

The incesant "bugs" are happening to clients as well, it is only a matter of time before clients vote with thier feet.

I have a long time client that needs for me to do some work...upworks "paused" his account and now the site is down for him, so no work until he is able to get back in and upause the contract that he did NOT pause.

The unprofessinalism of this this company is mind blowing.

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
9 of 43

Worst day yet for multiple bugs.

Messages come and go or won't load at all.

Menu bar keeps disappearing...if the page loads ... which has been off and on all day.

Silly trivia and Crikey idiocy.

Not getting message notifications again for a job I posted.

On and on and on. 

Please just fix the errors we have and leave all the new stuff and all the "ELANCER" suggestions for a time when the platform is stable.

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
10 of 43

Those error messages to me sum up the whole ethos of the people behind the site. Unprofessional, laugh it off and don't give a stuff. Then if we ask any questions about why things aren't working, they just link us to a blog post about how to be professional in a professsional environmet.

Well, I eat, sleep and breathe professional- long before I came near this site. I don't need to be taught how to be professional, and anyway it's earned by reputation and not taught.

BUT, I sure as hell do know that if a client had a problem and couldn't access the work I'd sent them, or it was in a format their computer couldn't read, I would not say

"Well, Holy Guacamole, looks like our two boys don't want to play good today. Fiddle my dee, isn't that a pee. Whoopsy doopsy, who's done a poopsy. Zut alors, what a bore!"

I would apologise for the inconvenience (even if it's obviously not my fault), point out where the trouble may lie lie, and ensure the client that I'll do everything I can to fix the situation. Because that's being professional.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS