Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When are the issues going to quit

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 43

Hi All,

The website was temporarily down due to a technical issue that has since been resolved by our engineers. Please, let us know if you are still experiencing issues with loading pages.

We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration it has caused you. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
12 of 43

Valeria,

Apologies are nice and all, but this has been a daily event for months. Are things ever going to work properly again? Can we not have one day there are not some form of issues?

naomij1411
Community Leader
Naomi J Member Since: May 15, 2015
13 of 43

I am new here and finding the work/clients are fine, but the site makes things really difficult. e.g., messaging is so unreliable!  I can only access attachments via the app on my Ipad, if I was relying on my laptop this would be impossible.  If anyone has any hints for downloading attachments in messages from the desktop version I will be eternally grateful!

Even better would be if the site just ran well.  Lots of the features here are great, e.g. reports.  Its a shame the site itself isnt reliable - earlier it wouldn't load at all, which left me in a panic about work due in tomorrow.  I hope it works out soon, the problems make the site look like a potential scam/risk, when there is clearly a lot of genuine work to be had here.

chris_macartwork
Community Guru
Chris M Member Since: May 6, 2015
14 of 43

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi All,

The website was temporarily down due to a technical issue that has since been resolved by our engineers. Please, let us know if you are still experiencing issues with loading pages.

We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration it has caused you. 

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for your response to the issues but could you please also address the concerns we all have about the unprofessional - IMO - phrases that accompany each error alert. I assume you implemented them to somehow 'calm' users down when frustrating system errors occur? For me the do the opposite - they trivialise the situation and sometimes make me feel annoyed.

I honestly can't believe that the Upwork management thinks the phrases are appropriate for a professional platform.

Thankyou.

suznee
Community Guru
15 of 43

The issues have not been resolved. Last message a few minutes ago I got trying to login was 

Yikes! This page is kaput.

(Or on vacation. Or just playing hard to get. Go home to get back on track.)

What kind of message is this? It sure is not professional. Ugh. I am so tired of the problems as of late.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
16 of 43

Suzanne, I guess Upwork wants you to remember that 'when you're smiling the whole world smiles with you' Cat Tongue

I'd prefer Star Wars quotes myself.

-- Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
17 of 43

Is this the Star Wars quote you are looking for:

"They told me they fixed it! I trusted them to fix it! It's not my fault!"

(Apparently Lando Calrissian was using Upwork engineers to work on the Millenium Falcon in "The Empire Strikes Back.")

anima9
Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
18 of 43

Suzanne. I support your cause. I'll go wherever you take me Smiley Tongue

lanwanman
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
19 of 43

I think Robert just proposed to Suzanne!

Ron aka LanWanMan
suznee
Community Guru
20 of 43

@Ronald T wrote:

I think Robert just proposed to Suzanne!

Ha Ha Ron...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS