Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When are the issues going to quit

fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
31 of 43

"Just fix what we have and leave it alone."

No actually, I think I'd rather have important features like VAT-compliant invoicing added. And the ability to edit proposals, submit proposals without quoting a fee and the many other features this site is currently lacking.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
droleary
Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
32 of 43

@fergus M wrote:

"Just fix what we have and leave it alone."

No actually, I think I'd rather have important features like VAT-compliant invoicing added.

They already added VAT-compliant invoicing.  It's just happens to be broken at the present moment, but they have escalated it to the engineers who are desperately trying to fix it.  No time estimate can be given on when you might expect it to be working again.

Now do you see the error in your reasoning?

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
33 of 43

@John LOL, but maybe there is some truth in your comment

@Irene

I lost a job last month because the client was not getting my messages. By the time he got them he had hired someone else. Sigh...

There have been so many issues for months it is affecting everyone and being able to work.

I would think they would get the biggest issues resolved and stop tinkering with the minor things. 

Did we really need a new messaging system?

Did we really need the wording on Less then 10 hours changed?

Did we really need badges changed and little remarks added to the stats page?

Please Upwork just fix the big things. I would like a day I am not fighting with the site to get my messages or check my hours. It would be so nice to have just one day.....

skh0711
Sharon H Member Since: Aug 28, 2015
34 of 43

suznee
Community Guru
35 of 43

Please people do not turn this into what is missing from Upwork that Elance had. This is about the issues on Upwork. This is not about what you can or can't do or what you miss or want. It is about Upwork and the problems I and others have been experiencing with the site issues. 

Please keep it to Upwork site issues. Not what you miss elsewhere.

fergusm1970
Community Guru
36 of 43

I see your point, Suzanne, but it really is an incredibly frustrating situation. If I do any work for EU clients on Upwork I have to charge them 20% extra because of the invoice issue, so it's not just a preference or something I miss; it's a huge problem. A lot of the other missing features are definitely in the "nice to have" bracket rather than the "got to have" one, but even so I'm struggling to see why the fees are higher here. It certainly isn't to pay for all the great additional features.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
suznee
Community Guru
37 of 43

Fergus,

I am curious why you have to charge the 20% extra to give them an invoice. I understand the frustration that some are feeling about the invoices. But it would be just as simple (maybe a bit of a bother) but you could generate and invoice for the client with your information very easily. There is a ton of free software out there that will do invoicing.

I do understand your frustration, but I don't get why you have to charge more? I might be missing something. It is Friday and it has been a long week..

Edited to add .. I do agree the 10% is not worth all the great features but that is something even I complain about that I would like to know what I am paying for now since everything is geared towards the client rather then the freelancer.

fergusm1970
Community Guru
38 of 43

"I am curious why you have to charge the 20% extra to give them an invoice."

I don't. The extra 20% is to cover the VAT charged because Upwork don't provide the required paperwork. I can create an invoice easily enough - I do it with my private clients - but if the money I receive is paid to me by Upwork I need an invoice from Upwork showing all the relevant details. Right now I can't get one.

Edited to add:

"I do agree the 10% is not worth all the great features"

So do I, especially as I was previously paying 8.75% for a site that, while far from perfect itself, has a lot more features and doesn't crash anywhere near as often.

suznee
Community Guru
39 of 43

Fegus,

Thank you for the explanation, and could you please not post about Upwork vs Elance anymore at least in this thread. We have had enough fighting amongst us. 

I really would like to see the thread kept to the issues with Upwork. And I agree that your point about the invoices is an Upwork issue. But lets keep the which site is better then the other under our caps so we don't have fighting.

We all Upworkers now .. oh joy.. NOT! he he

fergusm1970
Community Guru
40 of 43

"We all Upworkers now"

I'm not. I'm a freelancer who uses Upwork as one of my multiple sources of jobs. I've learned my lesson about relying on a single platform for the bulk of my income. I did it with Elance, and I'm not making that mistake again.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS