cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When client hired someone else, can't we see the selected proposal's quote any more??

baiadesign
Fabrice P Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
1 of 18

A very important feature on Elance was that when a client hired another freelancer we could see how much this freelancer quoted. I can't find this information on Upwork.

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 18

oDes, later Upwork, has never had that feature and I seriously doubt they ever will.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 18

Such a feature would be irrelevant to me, because what I charge clients has absolutely nothing to do with what other contractors charge. The services I provide and the level of quality and expertise I provide are unique, and can't be compared to that of other contractors.

boshoffirene
Community Guru
4 of 18

Actually, Preston, I agree with you. My earnings are my own business, and my bid as well.

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
5 of 18

Actually you can see who was hired.

Once someone is hired all the people in the proposal section disappear except for the one that was hired.

boshoffirene
Community Guru
6 of 18

Shhhhh Jean!!!!!!!!! Smiley Wink Don't go dishing out the secrets!!!!!!! (joking)

But yes you are right. Personally though, I don't go there. It is over, so I am not going to keep tabs on who gets what or how much they get for it. 

I just see it this way: I am not competing with anyone else except myself. What other people in my field do is up to them, and what I do is up to me. My successes and failures are my own, as is anything else related to my business. I understand that there are people who feel this information is necessary, etc. but personally I do not want to know...and all one can do, really, is  to talk from your own perspective of things.

d_lidwell
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
7 of 18

I've seen many job posts that say they've hired someone but the proposals list is still there with multiple applicants - even when the client has not manually selected "X Freelancers", so this feature must only work if the client hires someone and closes the bidding, I assume?  I've actually never seen the proposals list disappear with the exception of the one that the client has hired lol.

LOL! Irene, I agree, what I bid on a job is my business and no one elses, but apparently Upwork believes that what I earn should be everyone's business. Smiley Tongue

Sorry, had to say it. 

boshoffirene
Community Guru
8 of 18

Oh I totally agree, Dawn! None of anyone's business what our earnings are. But *deep sigh*.... I don't see that changing soon either.

d_lidwell
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
9 of 18

Oh, I know, Irene. I just had to say something. Ya left the door wide open for me, girl!

I guess I'm just blowing off some steam about certain issues lately lol.

boshoffirene
Community Guru
10 of 18

Yup...what gets me is when there is a problem...Upwork always says.....due to privacy issues we.....etc. But what about my personal privacy issues? Such as earnings, for example? I don't see Upwork showing their employees' earnings anywhere (anymore)...so why should mine be of prominence?

But yeah. Double standards. That's all, folks.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS