cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When client hired someone else, can't we see the selected proposal's quote any more??

simplysewing
Cathy J Member Since: Aug 22, 2017
11 of 18
It seems as if no one wants to hire me because of the color of my skin, I spoke with someone who might have been a client but she implied that I might steal her clothing.
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
12 of 18

Hi Cathy,

I can assure you discrimination on any basis is not allowed on Upwork and would like to ask you to pm me a screenshot of the conversation you mentioned, and the job post link its related to. Thank you.

Untitled
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 18

I was going to ask how you would steal clothing through the Internet, but then saw on your profile that you are a seamstress.

If a client asks how she can trust that you won't steal clothing she sends to you, this is a completely legitimate question, especially given the fact that you have no work history.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 18

@Preston H wrote:

i was going to ask how you would steal clothing through the Internet, but then saw on your profile that you are a seamstress.

She is a seamstress. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
15 of 18

@Cathy J wrote:
It seems as if no one wants to hire me because of the color of my skin, I spoke with someone who might have been a client but she implied that I might steal her clothing.

wouldn't you say it has more to do with internet and fear of frauds than the color of your skin?

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
16 of 18

@Cathy J wrote:

I really don't think that's the reason. Your profile is a little dubious. Try to verify your phone number + language, don't display failed tests, expand your overview, maybe include some references/testimonials if possible, as well as more portfolio pieces.

jutta_beinker
Community Guru
Jutta B Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
17 of 18

Cathy, I also think that the work you are offering isn't really suitable for freelancing. I mean, I really hope it works out for you and well done for trying but this is the first time I ever came across this profession on a freelance site.

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
fluker-tareion
Ace Contributor
Dr. Tareion F Member Since: Jun 21, 2017
18 of 18

Cathy, you've only been on Upwork for 3 hours. Perhaps you need more time to discern client needs and your own strengths and weaknesses. 

It is unsettling, though, that a client would automatically assume that you might steal from him/her.

As someone else mentioned, don't post your failed spelling test, and add more to your portfolio if possible. Btw, the dress that you do have in your portfolio is very nice. :-)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS