cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When clients are unable to make payment.

arslan09
Ace Contributor
Muhammad Arslan R Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
1 of 6

What should one do when clients cannot make payment through upwork due to some technical issue? I have 2-3 clients who just cannot make the payment through upwork. They offered to pay me directly through wester union or something similar. However, I declined their offer. They have been requesting me all the time to accept the payment directly as they want their work done. I believe they actually are facing some issues but what should freelancer do in such scenario? Is it possible for a freelancer to accept direct payment and pay they commission to upwork himself? This is a serious issue. Most of the people from underdeveloped countries (Like my country Pakistan) do not really have access to online payment methods. Please suggest what should I do. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

@Muhammad Arslan R wrote:

? Is it possible for a freelancer to accept direct payment and pay they commission to upwork himself? This is a serious issue. Most of the people from underdeveloped countries (Like my country Pakistan) do not really have access to online payment methods. Please suggest what should I do. 

You will have to say NO! or your account will be suspended and possibly banned. You are strictly speaking also required by the terms of Service to report such offers.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 6

Muhammad,

You must report these clients. They should not be on Upwork if they cannot find a way of paying their freelancers through Upwork. I have flagged your post to get a moderator's attention.

I am assuming you have contracts set up through Upwork?

db3f0458
Clicksmiths M Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
4 of 6

i have been trying to make a payment since last 2 days.....it simply does not go through nor is there a way to reach the upwork contacts.....there is a bot which is unable to answer

the problem is wether i try to link my debit card or paypal account, it is automatically asking for recurring payment.....and hence paypal is unable to process the payment.... i just need to make a one time payment of usd100

can someone help how to resolve this issue ...thanks in advance

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 6

Hi Clicksmiths,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 6

Muhammad Arslan,

Are you referring to clients who have already hired you on contracts or who you are currently interviewing with? Could you please send me more details and links via a private message (click on my name next to this post to send a private message)? 

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS