Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When clients do not leave any feedback

Highlighted
Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
1 of 50

When client does not leave feedback then why do you have to count that as negative for the freelancer?
A missing feedback can be waited as 50-50 in favor and against the freelancer. But why negative?

If the clients are unhappy surely they would leave bad feedbacks/ratings. But a missing feedback could mean many things including contract ending by Upwork while the client is away or on vacation.

I am sure most of the freelancers would agree to this valid logic.

Highlighted
Tiffany M Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
2 of 50

I can barely understand the question you are asking but here's my feedback about not giving feedback. Communication is one of the most important things when working for or with someone. I have a job at a corporation and I have to report when asked as well as send reports frequently. There is not reason a cilent should be left not knowing what the freelancer is doing in regards to the project. The reason why it is negative is because trust is built through communication. So of course they want to make sure that freelancers plans and progress. Like I have a freelancer now that has not anwsered my questions directly even though I've only contacted her once a week. She has sent a report but won't explain what it is she is accomplishing by what she is doing. When you do work you have to know what your goals are or else it's useless. Just communicate. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
3 of 50

Tiffany, you have misunderstood my point. I was not talking about communication.

By the way, there are 6 criteria that you get to rate a freelancer when a contract ends.
If a freelancer does not communicate properly you can leave lower rating like 1 or 2 stars for communication. And rate on other criteria accordingly.

Anyways, that was not my point. My point was if a contract ends and if the client is happy with the work but for some reason the client does not leave any feedback (may be the client missed the 14 days window) then this type of jobs are weighted as negative feedbacks.

Please also note that there are clients who has no time to leave feedback! I do not know why but I have seen many ratings like that. In those cases the ratings should not be considered byt the system.

A negative should be a negative just as a positive is a positive.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Patrick P Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
4 of 50

@Tiffany M wrote:

I can barely understand the question you are asking... 

Really? Because aside from a couple spelling mistakes and some stilted syntax, his post is perfectly clear to me. Could we maybe be a little more patient and a little less insulting with second language posters here, especially those who are posting thoughtful, useful questions and comments?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
5 of 50

Yeah, It's true that client has 14 days to leave feedback. 

But

You can make the client enable even after 14 days to leave feedback. There is no time restriction in it. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
6 of 50

Rahatur wrote, "A missing feedback can be waited as 50-50 in favor and against the freelancer. But why negative?"

I suppose by 50-50 you mean half of the current score, so if you have a 4.5 rating, then it's the same as a 2.25 feedback, which *is* negative. Maybe that's what Upwork does now, but it would be nice to know *how* negative no feedback is.

Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
7 of 50

Hey Guys,

To clarify, a job with no feedback is neutral, it doesnt affect your score negatively nor positively. 

-Lena

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
8 of 50

@Lena E wrote:

Hey Guys,

To clarify, a job with no feedback is neutral, it doesnt affect your score negatively nor positively. 

-Lena

Lena,

What happened to the "unless..." usually attached to that reassurance, along the lines of "...unless you collect some secret number/percentage of jobs with no feedback"?

Thanks and best,

Michael 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
9 of 50

Lena,

In this thread, Community Manager Garnor M says that "a work history that shows a disproportionate number of jobs ending without final ratings is a worrisome reflection of performance. […] If you have a robust history of work, then one or two jobs without Feedback aren't going to affect you as much. " My question is: has Upwork changed its mind and we can now stop worrying about having "a disproportionate number of jobs" where no feedback was left?

The no feedback being neutral helps me understand a freelancer having 100% JS while having 28 jobs with no feedback (out of a total of 55 jobs.).

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
10 of 50

Wait till Sunday and we'll find out...since my pprofile was vandalised in Monday by having six jobs with no feedback dumped on it...

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS